• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A question about the earth creation myth

selphur

Recently I came to a thought that the earth creation myth clearly represents the reproductive process of human beings. Thus, the spear is a phallic symbol, the ocean represents a female aspect (if not mistaken, in Chinese beliefs it is assumed that the feminine aspect is related to water and earth, and descending down, as the muddy ocean did when it had separated from heavens). Izanagi and Izanami have stirred the ocean (the sexual process itself) and from a drop of water (sperm) the land emerged.

The problem is that I haven't found any materials that could prove me right or wrong.

So, what do you, people, think about that? If anyone has some information concerning this theory, I would be very happy if you shared it with me.