• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An Unusual Day at the Races

joe1776

On a perfect Autumn day, I chucked my office work and headed for the racetrack to watch the beautiful thoroughbred horses run and to spend the day in the sunshine.

I was leaving the grandstand, headed for the paddock (saddling area) when I felt a presence within me. A very quick "newsreel" rolling of several mundane events in my life was followed by a powerful feeling of being loved. The message I received was that the Presence Within knew everything I'd ever done. That was followed by a feeling of being loved, a feeling so intense that it frightened me. I thought I was dying.

I then got a vision that was like a five-second video of poor quality. It showed the finish of a horse race. The winner, racing on the inside, was a chestnut carrying the number five saddlecloth. The second place finisher, about ten feet back, and on the outside, was a bay. Its saddlecloth number wasn't visible. The other horses in the race were not visible.

As I walked to the paddock, this vision ran over and over, like a one minute looped video. It blocked my view when I looked straight ahead, yet I could look down or to the side to see well enough to make my way through the crowd. At the paddock, I confirmed that the number five horse in the upcoming race was indeed a chestnut. 20 minutes later, the number five chestnut won the race just as I had foreseen in the vision.

Later, I realized that the vision of the race was confirmation of the experience. Had it not been for the vision of the horse race, my logical mind would likely have determined that the loving presence I felt was simply a delusion.

The presence didn't identify itself for me, so I can only speculate that it might have been a higher power capable of unconditional love.

I have reasoned that unconditional love does not rule out the use of punishment when employed as a tool for teaching. However, the old Christian belief in eternal punishment (Hell) for non-believers strikes me as vengeance, incompatible with unconditional love. In fact, if there is a religion that teaches unconditional love I'm unaware of it.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
On a perfect Autumn day, I chucked my office work and headed for the racetrack to watch the beautiful thoroughbred horses run and to spend the day in the sunshine.

I was leaving the grandstand, headed for the paddock (saddling area) when I felt a presence within me. A very quick "newsreel" rolling of several mundane events in my life was followed by a powerful feeling of being loved. The message I received was that the Presence Within knew everything I'd ever done. That was followed by a feeling of being loved, a feeling so intense that it frightened me. I thought I was dying.

I then got a vision that was like a five-second video of poor quality. It showed the finish of a horse race. The winner, racing on the inside, was a chestnut carrying the number five saddlecloth. The second place finisher, about ten feet back, and on the outside, was a bay. Its saddlecloth number wasn't visible. The other horses in the race were not visible.

As I walked to the paddock, this vision ran over and over, like a one minute looped video. It blocked my view when I looked straight ahead, yet I could look down or to the side to see well enough to make my way through the crowd. At the paddock, I confirmed that the number five horse in the upcoming race was indeed a chestnut. 20 minutes later, the number five chestnut won the race just as I had foreseen in the vision.

Later, I realized that the vision of the race was confirmation of the experience. Had it not been for the vision of the horse race, my logical mind would likely have determined that the loving presence I felt was simply a delusion.

The presence didn't identify itself for me, so I can only speculate that it might have been a higher power capable of unconditional love.

I have reasoned that unconditional love does not rule out the use of punishment when employed as a tool for teaching. However, the old Christian belief in eternal punishment (Hell) for non-believers strikes me as vengeance, incompatible with unconditional love. In fact, if there is a religion that teaches unconditional love I'm unaware of it.
That's quite an experience.

To the best of my knowledge, its only Christianity and Islam that speak of eternal damnation. I don't think other religions teach that. Some may speak of temporary heaven or hell realms to burn off good or bad karmas before moving on. Some may teach reincarnation with life quality indicated by how you lived the last life.

Religions are pretty diverse.