• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Americans Morally Superior?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
At least he's not bare faces enough to try and take over the country
No, but there are others with designs...
5113.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Americans as individual people are not morally superior since all people are innately equivalent morally. However, as American exceptionalism notes, the foundational ethos and principles upon which the American ideals were founded are arguably superior to the norm.
I'm probably going to be put in a list along with you @Shaul , but I agree. The US has been far from fully implementing those ideals and there are those here in America who would destroy those ideals, but when I look around I see criticism boiling down to either a true and correct comment that we have not lived up to them or assuming we are more powerful in the world than we truly are.

For all our faults, we have done a better job of melding a country from a totally diverse set of peoples than any other. I know this will bother the perfectionlists who cannot tolerate imperfection, but it's true. Just one example of many many

Black couple rented to a Chinese American family when nobody would. Now, they're donating $5M to Black community.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
If you were more familiar with the candidates & issues,
you might understand the dilemma. Instead, all you
have is loathing of Trump. To give the matter so little
thought, but to have such certainty in your choice, &
hostility towards others is dysfunctional.
But I forgive you.
You wish

lukethethird

unknown member
I posed the question in the OP because the U.S. has taken upon itself to be the world's religious police, by bombing inferior nations into submission for being evil, playing God as it were.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No nationality is "morally superior" to any other nationality
It isn't hard to put America below the top of any list on cultural health. America has a terrible spiritual sickness now. About a quarter of American voters want Trump back in the White House over any other candidate based on the number of people that voted for him in primaries over Haley, and the number is larger if it's a Trump vs. Biden survey and he gets some that did prefer Haley.

The people I live among, the Mexicans, are the only other culture I've experienced except as a tourist apart from America, and I vastly prefer it. These are mostly good people, mostly hard workers, mostly kind and respectful, show zero sense of entitlement, and actually walk the walk regarding family values.

We don't even visit America now that the last of our four parents has died, which was in 2015, because why would we? For what? Strife? Tantrums? Gun play in public venues? Trump supporters everywhere? Weaponized religion? A threatened government shutdown every few weeks now. A semi-theocracy with a zealous preacher for a Speaker and multiple lying, fanatical, politicized, Supreme Court justices?

And I am amazed by the discussion on voting for Trump in this thread. How could anybody have predicted that Trump was a liar, low information, a sexual predator, a grifter, and a scofflaw? Where were the clues in 2016?

Just kidding. They were everywhere. If you missed that, I'm not much interested in your judgment regarding the character or intelligence of anybody else, and certainly not when it's somebody I'm familiar with and we are in disagreement. That was a no-brainer for me and millions of others who were not just disappointed when Trump won but horrified and sickened. I can't unsee that in anybody that was fooled that badly.

Isabella Lecour

I posed the question in the OP because the U.S. has taken upon itself to be the world's religious police, by bombing inferior nations into submission for being evil, playing God as it were.
That's a bit of a misconception, although a common one with a sneaky twist. To move the accuracy needle closer to reality, would be to phrase it, that America was recruited by other nations (Europe and momma UK and sister countries) to play the role of the heavy tank...a gamer term used for the player who soaks up the combat damage and is equally capable of inflicting heavy damage as well. However, none of it every had a thing to do with religion and being religious police of the world. And I am not entertaining the idea as it is disingenuous that religion and politics are the same.