• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are There any Orthodox Christians on RF, other than Me and Shiranui?

Phil25

So far the only Orthodox Christian I have met here, is Shiranui. I would like to know if there are other Orthodox Christians here also.

Phil25

Its sad there are only 2 Orthodox Christians here on RF, considering that there are about 300 million Orthodox Christians, worldwide.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Its sad there are only 2 Orthodox Christians here on RF, considering that there are about 300 million Orthodox Christians, worldwide.

don't feel so bad, this is the most jews I've seen on RF, there were times when it was just me and Jay :D

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
So far the only Orthodox Christian I have met here, is Shiranui. I would like to know if there are other Orthodox Christians here also.
Hey, you're the only Oriental Orthodox I've ever seen on this forum. :D It seems like there was a small group of Orthodox on here years before I first signed up here, but they've all since left.

Phil25

Hey, you're the only Oriental Orthodox I've ever seen on this forum. :D It seems like there was a small group of Orthodox on here years before I first signed up here, but they've all since left.

Yep, One guy representing all 40 million Oriental Orthodox Christians. :cool:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Well, there's only a handful of Catholics that post on this site at all and there's over a billion of us in the world. The percentages of posters from each religious affiliation do not reflect reality.

But Orthodox Christians are certainly not the least represented group. There's multiple dead DIRs because we have no members of those groups posting here at all.

xkatz

Yep, One guy representing all 40 million Oriental Orthodox Christians. :cool:

Only 40? According to Wiki, the Ethiopian Tewahedo Orthodox church itself has 45 million followers. And then there's the Eritrean, Coptic, Armenian, and Nasrani.

Phil25

Only 40? According to Wiki, the Ethiopian Tewahedo Orthodox church itself has 45 million followers. And then there's the Eritrean, Coptic, Armenian, and Nasrani.

Oh, I thought it was 40. Felt like I read it so somewhere.

Phil25

Well, there's only a handful of Catholics that post on this site at all and there's over a billion of us in the world. The percentages of posters from each religious affiliation do not reflect reality.

But Orthodox Christians are certainly not the least represented group. There's multiple dead DIRs because we have no members of those groups posting here at all.

But of those regularly posting are we the smallest, especially when you consider I am the only Oriental Orthodox who ever existed on RF, and Shiranui is the only Eastern Orthodoz currently existing.

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
I identify as one who lives the in the Anglo-Orthodox Way.

Worshipping with Anglicans because they are readily available and easy to find,
here in Canada, especially....

But theologically I identify with the Orthodox (All it's respective parts) Churches',
explanations as they often speak directly to what I experiences in my relationship with Jah.

So if I was before, or am now... this is my Way.

Someday I might fully join the Orthodox, but for now, I'm a visitor, friend and follower,
in communion with the Way, in my heart.