• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

atheism and fear of death

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

atheism and fear of death

paarsurrey said:
Let the dead bury the dead”*, right?

*It is a saying of (Jesus)Yeshua- the truthful Israelite Messiah ( who was neither a Zealot, nor he belonged to the Zionism people nor to the Judaism people), as per the Pauline-NT Bible, please, right?
Luke 9:60

Never mind, it was a friendly discussion and is welcome. Difference of opinion and or conflict, done sincerely, is good while practicing the Religious Method, as it has inbuilt modes operandi for resolving them; I envision the Scientific Method must also have it though the history of Science is littered with the conflicts, some of them and or many of them, if not innumerable, may still have to be resolved as yet if no done already, please, right?
Clue:-
" The history of science is littered with fierce and bitter conflicts. Historians of science have generally shown a strong interest in such personal vendettas. "

Regards

I don't believe Jesus was any of those things attributed to him in the bible except his execution.
Note, Rome had several methods of exocution for different crimes, crucifixion was reserved specifically for terrorists and traitors to Rome.

Thats how science works, it is self correcting, unlike religion that changes little over the centuries.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I don't believe Jesus was any of those things attributed to him in the bible except his execution.
Note, Rome had several methods of exocution for different crimes, crucifixion was reserved specifically for terrorists and traitors to Rome.

Thats how science works, it is self correcting, unlike religion that changes little over the centuries.
" except his execution "

Yeshua was not executed till death or crucified till death, he died a natural death long after, I understand, at the age of about 120 years, please, right?

Regards

joelr

Because i believe in God and in the afterlife i have less fear of death

Those of you who don't believe in God or an afterlife, how do you deal with the fear of death?
Belief isn't a choice. If you look at a car on the road you believe there is a car on the road. The issue is there isn't evidence to believe in any god.
When I did believe I didn't find an afterlife belief helpful because I knew I had not really investigated outside of my confirmation bias and assumptions. I felt like looking for what is more likely true to be better in that way because I wasn't wasting time thinking there is some eternal life afterwards. I feel like that is a bigger issue because you take this life as secondary. Death is a constant motivator. Hence the Latin saying.