• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists and their jargon of insults

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I have found that some people, no matter what, cannot admit to the truth or that they were wrong about something. This has been amply demonstrated by certain ones on these boards. And so the beat goes on even if it's to the wrong tune until -- it's over.
I do not believe in truth from the fallible human perspective. Though I do acknowledge many conflicting claims of truth that human assert.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Have you noticed that some forum members believe that saying that humans are apes is an insult to believers? :D
From the intentional ignorance of some believers that humans are in reality apes.
If humans share 80% of their DNA with mice, it doesn't matter what they do with that information ... if they want to say that humans are mice :oops:, who cares?
More intentional ignorance of science not understanding the genetic relationship between mammals.
It's not that true information isn't increasing; It's that with each passing day people are becoming more idiotic, and they don't know what to do with what they discover.

This is true of believers that mindlessly reject the foundation of the sciences of biology, genetics, geology and physics.

We Never Know

No Slack
Have you noticed that some forum members believe that saying that humans are apes is an insult to believers? :D

If humans share 80% of their DNA with mice, it doesn't matter what they do with that information ... if they want to say that humans are mice :oops:, who cares?

It's not that true information isn't increasing; It's that with each passing day people are becoming more idiotic, and they don't know what to do with what they discover.

It depends on what part of the DNA you compare.

Humans and mice share a common ancestor around 90 million years.

Humans and pigs 80 million years ago.

In some parts we are around 98% similar with pigs.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
In some parts we are around 98% similar with pigs.
Yes, that can and does happen. Some genes are very well preserved due to their importance. Unfortunately I have far too often seen creationists misquote those sources and try to apply it to the whole mouse genome and our whole genome, when as you said, it is just parts. I do not want to accuse you of their sins. I merely wanted to explain how tis is misused at times.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I have found that some people, no matter what, cannot admit to the truth or that they were wrong about something.

You mean like when they repeat the same mistake over and over and over again with countless people correcting them, only to then see them restate their mistake as if nothing happened?

Can you say "....but they remain gorillas" again?

Good thing irony meters don't really go nuclear.

This has been amply demonstrated by certain ones on these boards.

uhu.... :shrug:

And so the beat goes on even if it's to the wrong tune until -- it's over.
So when will that be?

Banach-Tarski Paradox

"Magic", they say. ;)
They say "miracles", "supernatural", etc etc etc ... they even say "spaghettis" and in their minds is an insult. So they are. :p

What is really "miracle" or "magic" or "supernatural" in an atheist mind?
IMHO, they are just things they cann't explain with their current personal knowledge ... and there is soooo much happening in the world right now that most people cann't explain, that I would say miracles are happening all the time and atheists cann't negate it. Insulting is the way their brains deal with it. :cool:

Magic is cultural, so of course there will be cultures which have a distaste for magic.

It has nothing to do with atheism, really. (I’m an atheist, and I don’t hate magic.)

Some of us do believe in magic, for cultural reasons.

The disputes regarding magic are mostly cultural.

We had a guy in the math department who was an expert juggler and could do perfect fano shuffles. (He used to demonstrate his skills when he taught math classes.)

Like his advisor Fan Chung, and her husband Ron Graham, his Erdős number was 1.

Here's a little documentary about the mathemagician Ron Graham. (It even shows Fan Chung playing ping-pong with Paul Erdős.)

Something New Everyday film (2011)

'Something New Everyday: The Math and Magic of Ron Graham', a film by George Csicsery.

This 21-minute film was prepared for Ron Graham's 80th birthday. It celebrates Graham's remarkable career as a mathematician and magician, as well as his important leadership roles in many of the institutions that support the pursuit of mathematics throughout the world. The film contains outtakes from the film 'N is a Number: A Portrait of Paul Erdős' that were shot between 1988 and 1991, scenes from a day of filming at Graham's December 1999 retirement event at Bell Labs, and interviews filmed for 'Erdős 100', a 30-minute film that was screened at Paul Erdős's 100th birthday celebration in Budapest in 2013.

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Magic is cultural, so of course there will be cultures which have a distaste for magic.

It has nothing to do with atheism, really. (I’m an atheist, and I don’t hate magic.)

Some of us do believe in magic, for cultural reasons.

The disputes regarding magic are mostly cultural.

We had a guy in the math department who was an expert juggler and could do perfect fano shuffles. (He used to demonstrate his skills when he taught math classes.)

Like his advisor Fan Chung, and her husband Ron Graham, his Erdős number was 1.

Here's a little documentary about the mathemagician Ron Graham. (It even shows Fan Chung playing ping-pong with Paul Erdős.)

Something New Everyday film (2011)

'Something New Everyday: The Math and Magic of Ron Graham', a film by George Csicsery.

This 21-minute film was prepared for Ron Graham's 80th birthday. It celebrates Graham's remarkable career as a mathematician and magician, as well as his important leadership roles in many of the institutions that support the pursuit of mathematics throughout the world. The film contains outtakes from the film 'N is a Number: A Portrait of Paul Erdős' that were shot between 1988 and 1991, scenes from a day of filming at Graham's December 1999 retirement event at Bell Labs, and interviews filmed for 'Erdős 100', a 30-minute film that was screened at Paul Erdős's 100th birthday celebration in Budapest in 2013.

" Magic is cultural, so of course there will be cultures which have a distaste for magic.

It has nothing to do with atheism, really. (I’m an atheist, and I don’t hate magic.)"

So at times and or most of the times, when it suits them, the Atheism people are superstitious, please, right?

Regards

Pogo

" Magic is cultural, so of course there will be cultures which have a distaste for magic.

It has nothing to do with atheism, really. (I’m an atheist, and I don’t hate magic.)"

So at times and or most of the times, when it suits them, the Atheism people are superstitious, please, right?

Regards
The only thing that atheists have in common is lack of belief in gods, by definition. For sure.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Regards
Wrong!!! Atheists in the West are not generally superstitious at times. Very odd assertion that needs explanation.

Though religious atheists in the Orient like believers in Zen Buddhism may have superstitious beliefs.

Atheists do not hate things like Gods, the supernatural and magic they do not believe in.