• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Exploring Attributes of God's Nature - Seeking Insights/Perspectives -No Debate

Fusion1

I'm eager to learn more about the attributes of God, especially those that inspire love, hope, and Anger, Disappointment, Destroyer, Vengeful etc. I'm not looking for debates but rather positive insights and shared experiences. If you have scriptural references, personal stories, or teachings that highlight God's nature, I'd be grateful to hear them.

**mod edit**

My inquiry centers around understanding the attributes of God—being all-powerful and all-knowing—against the backdrop of religious texts that ascribe to Him human-like traits. This contrast raises some questions for me about the underlying logic and interpretations. For a more comprehensive understanding, I'd be grateful if someone could offer different perspectives or insights on this matter. This query is part of a broader exploration of the topic, similar to the discussions I've had in top of this thread with a Christian interlocutor. Any guidance or further explanation to help unravel this complexity would be deeply appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir Joseph

Rather than spend hours on this huge question warranting volumes of material for an answer, let me reference this attached article that does a concise job of summarizing 15 of God's attributes. I read it and agree with its Biblical perspective.

There are objections of course to God being all knowing, powerful, and loving over this world while allowing such evil and suffering. But, those are complicated issues in and of themselves.