• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you ever bought a video game you enjoyed more than once?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Have you ever bought a video game you liked more than once? Such as on different platforms?

The answer for me is, "yes, a few times." For example, I bought Sonic Frontiers on Playstation, then I was curious to try the handheld (Switch) version, so I got the latter when it was on sale.

I'm also reminded of the GameCube / Gameboy Advance days where games between the two systems would often bear the same name, but be two completely different renditions, with one usually 3D and the other being a 2D game. There were probably a couple instances where I bought both versions.

Edited to add -

I'm talking about buying more than one copy of a video game.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Have you ever bought a video game you liked more than once? Such as on different platforms?

The answer for me is, "yes, a few times." For example, I bought Sonic Frontiers on Playstation, then I was curious to try the handheld (Switch) version, so I got the latter when it was on sale.

I'm also reminded of the GameCube / Gameboy Advance days where games between the two systems would often bear the same name, but be two completely different renditions, with one usually 3D and the other being a 2D game. There were probably a couple instances where I bought both versions.
Yep.

Some good examples are Hoyle games, Xcom, State of Decay, JRPGs, Grand strategies, Military Simulation, Total War, and the one I'm playing now which is Battletech among other tabletop based games made into video games.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
For sure! Some examples of games I've bought on more than one platform:

Skyrim
Neverwinter Nights
Fallout 3, 4, and New Vegas
MechWarrior 5
Dark Souls 1, 2, 3
No Man's Sky
Diablo 2

I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of any ATM

As for games I come back to from time to time:

Diablo 2
Dungeon Siege 2
EverQuest

PC has its plusses and minuses as does console. I enjoy them both, though

Twilight Hue

For sure! Some examples of games I've bought on more than one platform:

Skyrim
Neverwinter Nights
Fallout 3, 4, and New Vegas
MechWarrior 5
Dark Souls 1, 2, 3
No Man's Sky
Diablo 2

I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of any ATM

As for games I come back to from time to time:

Diablo 2
Dungeon Siege 2
EverQuest

PC has its plusses and minuses as does console. I enjoy them both, though
I quit consoles. I'm a member of the PC master race now!

Albiet I still enjoy retro gaming. Got some emulator consoles along with my old hardware.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I still enjoy playing a lot of older video games despite going through them numerous times. Some of it is just pure nostalgia. I am not sure if that's the kind of answer you mean, though.

My three favorites: Legend of Zelda, Rygar, and Twisted Metal (the first one).

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
I quit consoles. I'm a member of the PC master race now!

Albiet I still enjoy retro gaming. Got some emulator consoles along with my old hardware.

Emulators are great! I do tend to gravitate towards emulator machines rather than running them on my PC, though. I don't wanna clutter my PC with too much riff raff

☆Dreamwind☆

What's the point of buying a videogame only once? And yes I rebuy favorites. Sooner or later the system will go kaput. It's no different from buying your favorite albums on tape, then later on cd, etc.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Skyrim is the only one I rebought...when SE was released on Xbox One. I've been playing Skyrim on and off for nearly 13 years now.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Skyrim is the only one I rebought...when SE was released on Xbox One. I've been playing Skyrim on and off for nearly 13 years now.
It's one of Bethesdas bests. I still replay from time to time and find new things. Recently decided to try playing as a warrior mage that uses a shield in one hand magic in the other.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I've bought Skyrim several times, Morrowind at least twice. Fallout New Vegas a couple times. Same with fallout 3. I also try to find and pick up retro games I used to play from time to time. I still have an NES and an SNES around.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
It's one of Bethesdas bests. I still replay from time to time and find new things. Recently decided to try playing as a warrior mage that uses a shield in one hand magic in the other.
A great shield for that build would be Spellbreaker, a Peryite Daedric artifact that you can get in a quest that starts at Peryite's shrine in the Reach.

Twilight Hue

I've bought Skyrim several times, Morrowind at least twice. Fallout New Vegas a couple times. Same with fallout 3. I also try to find and pick up retro games I used to play from time to time. I still have an NES and an SNES around.
Nice thing is oftentimes the re-release will include all dlc that you didn't have prior which can help justify a repurchase.