• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I became a Pentaxian yesterday

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
Up until yesterday I was a Nikonian. Prior to being a Nikonian, I was a Canonian. I'm now an official Pentaxian. K3 and very pleased with the switch. The Canons shot great, quick and great focus systems. The Nikons, just felt good in my hands and button placement appropriate to my preferences. The Pentax, although 10 years old, feels great, durable, button placements are satisfactory, and it focuses well enough (great actually) for my needs. I'm not a sports photographer, which is where Canon is difficult to beat.

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member
Up until yesterday I was a Nikonian. Prior to being a Nikonian, I was a Canonian. I'm now an official Pentaxian. K3 and very pleased with the switch. The Canons shot great, quick and great focus systems. The Nikons, just felt good in my hands and button placement appropriate to my preferences. The Pentax, although 10 years old, feels great, durable, button placements are satisfactory, and it focuses well enough (great actually) for my needs. I'm not a sports photographer, which is where Canon is difficult to beat.
When I was still taking pictures, I had a Ricoh KR-10. I still have it, but the electronics is broken and probably not worth to repair. You may call me a Pentaxian because of that because the KR-10 has the Pentax K bayonet connector.
It was an ideal camera for me as it left almost all of the options to me (only has a time automatic), which good for the art of photography. It also made the camera and the lenses much cheaper than those autofocus lenses from Canon or Nikon, and they were better optical quality. (All glass lenses, no plastics.)