• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is forced labour in prisons ethical?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
What would happen if you were in prison and you were told to do some work but refused?

What they gonna do?????

Lock you up inside a prison inside a prison?????
It varies from prison to prison.

danieldemol

Premium Member
You truly don't get this at all, do you? Someone who has been found guilty of mass murder will not be evaluated for work-release. Work-release is like an employment opportunity that the prison officials say an inmate may or may not apply for rather than being confinded to in-house work.
Something an inmate applies for is not forced and thus irrelevant in my view.
You just need to do some research......
Any starting suggestions?

danieldemol

Premium Member
Have you ever been to a prison at all?
No, except to visit a friend once.
Have you ever known someone incarcerated well enough to get letters and phone calls daily?
I've been incarcerated for mental health reasons, I sure am glad that they didn't stick me in solitary confinement for refusing to work.
To hear what went on last night? To listen as they try to shut out their reality for a few minutes? Do you have an inkling of any idea what's it really and truly like?

I'm done here.
You mean you are done dodging my question in my view.