• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there a resource of Athe(ism)?

Banach-Tarski Paradox

The default is inquiry. That was Buddhism.
Though I reserve the right to differ even within Hinduism.
I understand monotheism completely.
That is quite normal.

What about Catholicism? You sure as hell don’t understand Catholicism completely.

It is not normal to disrespect other cultures by default.

You are purposely attempting to normalize it with your fundamentalist rhetoric.

What you are doing is called normalization.

RestlessSoul

The default is inquiry. That was Buddhism.
Though I reserve the right to differ even within Hinduism.
I understand monotheism completely.
That is quite normal.

To understand monotheism completely, wouldn’t it be necessary to understand God? And since in many monotheistic traditions, God is a mystery which surpasses all understanding, that would be quite the claim.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
To understand monotheism completely, wouldn’t it be necessary to understand God? And since in many monotheistic traditions, God is a mystery which surpasses all understanding, that would be quite the claim.
To understand monotheism, one needs to understand the motivations of the founders of the monotheist religions; whether Moses, Zoroaster, Jesus, Muhammad or Bahaollah. All that they are saying is 'What I say is the absolute truth and all others are wrong.' God is just an appendage for them.

RestlessSoul

To understand monotheism, one needs to understand the motivations of the founders of the monotheist religions; whether Moses, Zoroaster, Jesus, Muhammad or Bahaollah. All that they are saying is 'What I say is the absolute truth and all others are wrong.' God is just an appendage for them.

That doesn’t look like understanding of monotheism to me. It looks like an unsubstantiated opinion based on prejudice against it’s practitioners.

Banach-Tarski Paradox

What about American Catholicism?

It’s only 500 years old.

Going back to the time of the ancient Pythagoreans is a little silly, unless you can connect it to America.

I’m talking about Catholic cultures here in America, cultures that were created in the context of the Spanish Empire.

By the way, in Catholicism, Jesus is not as omniscient as you have probably been told. That’s a myth.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
What about American Catholicism?
I’m talking about Catholic cultures here in America, cultures that were created in the context of the Spanish Empire.
Gave more important to Mary in place of Jesus. Does not make much difference.
That doesn’t look like understanding of monotheism to me. It looks like an unsubstantiated opinion based on prejudice against it’s practitioners.
What else is monotheism, other than claims of its founders. Deliverance from hell, everlasting life, etc.

Banach-Tarski Paradox

Gave more important to Mary in place of Jesus. Does not make much difference.

The Virgin of Sorrow played a very important role in the Wars of Independence.

What your culture sees as not making a difference, other cultures see as matters of life and death, matters of survival.

But of course, that’s just a cultural difference.

Some cultures believe that Black Lives Matter, and others cultures don’t.

Last edited: