• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kemetic Orthodox Dogmas that CANNOT be comprimised

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Just to clarify this position for some who were wondering. Kemetic Orthodoxy has certain dogmas, as do all religions, that cannot be changed or comprimised. One of these dogmas is that regarding the Nisut (Pharoah). A person cannot be Kemetic Orthodox and deny the authority of the Nisut as the faith's spiritual leader. Another dogma that cannot be comprimised is belief in the gods. A person cannot be Kemetic Orthodox and take the gods as a metaphor, and say they don't literally exist. The last dogma that I know of, which cannot be comprimised, is the precepts of Ma'at. A person cannot claim to be a good Kemetic Orthodox and do things like intentionally harm people. These dogmas CANNOT change EVER.

Smoke

Done here.
A person cannot be Kemetic Orthodox and deny the authority of the Nisut as the faith's spiritual leader.
Do you ever have any reservations about that? Do you think it's superior in some way to the doctrine of papal infallibility?

Rainbow Mage

I have no reservations about it Smoke personally, because I know the Nisut to be the holder of the kingly ka in truth. I used to be very skeptical about it. Most newcomers to the faith are until they get to know the Nisut. As for, is it similar to Papal infalliability? Yes and no. The Nisut doesn't claim to be an infalliable human being, far as I know, just that the decisions she is directed to make on behalf of the faith are true and good for living better.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I have no reservations about it Smoke personally, because I know the Nisut to be the holder of the kingly ka in truth. I used to be very skeptical about it. Most newcomers to the faith are until they get to know the Nisut. As for, is it similar to Papal infalliability? Yes and no. The Nisut doesn't claim to be an infalliable human being, far as I know, just that the decisions she is directed to make on behalf of the faith are true and good for living better.
OK, but what if the successor is different? Less worthy, however you measure that?

Rainbow Mage

Storm it's not an issue. In the ancient world the Nisuts all enchanced the faith in their own ways. Egyptian belief has never been something unchangeable, except in very few regards, which I pointed out in the OP

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Storm it's not an issue. In the ancient world the Nisuts all enchanced the faith in their own ways. Egyptian belief has never been something unchangeable, except in very few regards, which I pointed out in the OP
So, you just have faith in the power of the position?

Rainbow Mage

Storm I have faith that the kingly ka directs the person in the position. That's not to say the person in the position would necessarily be a good Nisut and listen to the kingly ka's stirrings, but they are still rightfully the Nisut. Akhenaten wasn't a good Nisut either, but he still was one, and we still honor him as such, because we cannot revile our Nisuts.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Well, that's a bit authoritarian for my tastes. Of course, it's not my religion, so I don't get a vote. :)

acidrica

Wannabe Mortician
I was really, really paranoid and skeptical when I first went into the faith, about he whole 'Nisut' thing mostly. It wasn't until I looked around for evidence of her abusing her power and found nothing that I started really getting into it, and it wasn't until I spoke to her myself that I decided that even if she wasn't infallible, or supernatural in anyway, that she was still fit to be my spiritual teacher. I can't say with certainty that the gods are speaking through her, but I do know that I respect her greatly as a teacher of mine, and I trust her to not lead me wrongly.

I think a healthy dose of skepticism is good for everyone to have. :)

Smoke

Done here.
As for, is it similar to Papal infalliability? Yes and no. The Nisut doesn't claim to be an infalliable human being, far as I know, just that the decisions she is directed to make on behalf of the faith are true and good for living better.
The Pope of Rome doesn't claim to be infallible in everything he says, either.

Smoke

Done here.
Personally, I could never belong to a religion in which any person had that kind of authority, much less had it ex officio. But I suppose the Kemetic Orthodox will muddle along without me somehow. :)

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Another dogma that cannot be comprimised is belief in the gods. A person cannot be Kemetic Orthodox and take the gods as a metaphor, and say they don't literally exist.
Knowing your appreciation for the metaphor, do you have any reservations about that?

Rainbow Mage

Willamena one thing I would never take metaphorically is the existence of divine beings. They deserve more respect then that