• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My new religion I founded, Flawlessism

Echogem222

So what you're basically saying is your religion is correctest? Religion revolves around stories AND rules. Like my personal religion. It revolves around the adventures of space time, the creator of everything extant. Why don't you just let philosophy be philosophy?
I have faith that my religion is correct, yes. Do I know this? No, if I did, I wouldn't need faith now would I?

Why are you making this religion?
Because it is a religion. If you want to understand that in more depth, I would recommend reading the Book of Flawlessism. There is worship in it, there is prayer in it, there is faith in it, and there can be rituals in it, so yes, it is without a doubt a religion. Are the prayer, worship, rituals, and faith traditional? No, they probably mean something different from what you're thinking, but it doesn't change what they are, it just changes how they are done in Flawlessism.

ChieftheCef

I have faith that my religion is correct, yes. Do I know this? No, if I did, I wouldn't need faith now would I?
That's doidging the question. You're doing something sneaky. I think you're labeling philosophy and religion. Philosophy is just talking about stuff in the universe, religion is talking about the universe.
Because it is a religion. If you want to understand that in more depth, I would recommend reading the Book of Flawlessism. There is worship in it, there is prayer in it, there is faith in it, and there can be rituals in it, so yes, it is without a doubt a religion. Are the prayer, worship, rituals, and faith traditional? No, they probably mean something different from what you're thinking, but it doesn't change what they are, it just changes how they are done in Flawlessism.
That's just relabling philosophy. It doesn't matter if you do rituals, rituals are not exclusive to religion. Prayer doesn't make philosophy not philosophy.

Echogem222

That's doidging the question. You're doing something sneaky. I think you're labeling philosophy and religion. Philosophy is just talking about stuff in the universe, religion is talking about the universe.

That's just relabling philosophy. It doesn't matter if you do rituals, rituals are not exclusive to religion. Prayer doesn't make philosophy not philosophy.
You seem to have a very specific idea of what religion is, however, religion, does not have a specific definition. If you'd like to understand this topic more, I'd recommend watching this video:

ChieftheCef

You seem to have a very specific idea of what religion is, however, religion, does not have a specific definition. If you'd like to understand this topic more, I'd recommend watching this video:
You dodged it again. Answer my question. Also, how did you found it if you didn't make it. You're being sneaky

Echogem222

You dodged it again. Answer my question. Also, how did you found it if you didn't make it. You're being sneaky
"Philosophy is just talking about stuff in the universe, religion is talking about the universe." My religion is both a philosophy and a religion. I found Flawlessism and was a part of its creation, this is because I don't believe in free will, so none of us truly create anything, we're just a part of the creation process, if this were not the case, then anything we make would never be able to surprise us, we would understand it fully, as we would be the ones creating every detail of it. But when someone makes a tool or something, they can sometimes find out that they can use it for more than what they intended when they made it. I'm not trying to be "sneaky" or anything of the sort. If you continue to accuse me of such things, I'm going to stop responding to you.

If this still doesn't answer your question, please be more specific, because I'm having a hard time understanding what it is you're even trying to say.

ChieftheCef

"Philosophy is just talking about stuff in the universe, religion is talking about the universe." My religion is both a philosophy and a religion. I found Flawlessism and was a part of its creation, this is because I don't believe in free will, so none of us truly create anything, we're just a part of the creation process, if this were not the case, then anything we make would never be able to surprise us, we would understand it fully, as we would be the ones creating every detail of it. But when someone makes a tool or something, they can sometimes find out that they can use it for more than what they intended when they made it. I'm not trying to be "sneaky" or anything of the sort. If you continue to accuse me of such things, I'm going to stop responding to you.

If this still doesn't answer your question, please be more specific, because I'm having a hard time understanding what it is you're even trying to say.
It's not a religion.

Echogem222

It's not a religion.
You can think what you want then, as will I. Because for you to just say something is true like this is merely stating a subjective opinion, it's not something that will change the mind of anyone who thinks differently. I gave you that video link where someone explains in great detail as to what a religion is, but you didn't watch it, had you done so, you would understand my opinion of what a religion is, is not subjective.

ChieftheCef

You can think what you want then, as will I. Because for you to just say something is true like this is merely stating a subjective opinion, it's not something that will change the mind of anyone who thinks differently.
I already explained why your "religion" isn't religion. Religion is talking about God, not talking about parts of the universe. That's a good tell of your intelligence or intellectual dishonesty.
I gave you that video link where someone explains in great detail as to what a religion is, but you didn't watch it, had you done so, you would understand my opinion of what a religion is, is not subjective.
YouTube is not the end all of what religion is. Your philosophy is a comment on religion, not a religion.

Echogem222

I already explained why your "religion" isn't religion. Religion is talking about God, not talking about parts of the universe. That's a good tell of your intelligence or intellectual dishonesty.

YouTube is not the end all of what religion is. Your philosophy is a comment on religion, not a religion.
Ok, now I understand what your view is. You think any belief that doesn't have a God in it isn't a religion. What you're talking about is the traditional western view on religion, not plain religion, had you ACTUALLY watched the video, you'd understand why such a definition is flawed when looking at all religions. But I get it, you don't want to watch that video, you just want to continue to think that you're right. You can do that, but you're not going to change my opinion that way. So, I don't understand why you're continuing to speak to me about this. Just what are you even hoping to achieve?