• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Naw-Ruz to be observed March 20th this year!

arthra

Baha'i
A few more days and we Baha'is observe our New Year's Day "Naw-Ruz" on the vernal equinox, this year on March 20th. Naw-Ruz is the ancient Persian New Year and is still observed by Zoroastrians and Shiah Muslims.

For Baha'is this coming year will be 173 of the Baha'i Era.

Naw-Ruz means "New Day".

Naw-Ruz ends a nineteen day Fast where we abstain from food and liquids from sunrise to sunset...so for us the end of the Fast is a joyous occasion celebrated by picnics and social gatherings.
nawruz2007copy.jpg

arthra

Baha'i
Yesterday March 20th the Baha'is in my community held a picnic in a public park to commemorate Naw-Ruz... Anyone can attend a Baha'i Holy Day so we had relatives that were invited and some helped with barbecue...since most were vegetarian we had veggie style burgers and "hot dogs" along with wholesome salads and vegetables. It did provide an opportunity for family members to connect and share the day. Since the park had people who were homeless we also shared the table with them. One man said his doctor gave him a month to live.... Anyway it was clear that we had a successful Naw-Ruz...Truly..."Naw-Ruz is our New Year, a Feast of hospitality and rejoicing."