• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sleep

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
I haven't. I think I'd rather stay conscious.

Who knows what they'll do to me if I'm out! Cut off my leg? Put rat poop in my hair? Dress me in @SalixIncendium 's clothes?
I can tell you that at least one of these things has happened to me when I've been put under.

I'll leave it to you to figure out which.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
How do you get around with just one leg?
800px-IHOP_logo.svg.png

Heyo

Veteran Member
Weird thing... apparently everyone dreams every night, especially during REM sleep. However, I hardly ever remember any dreams - as in maybe once every few months.
(My wife can recount dreams every day, in quite some detail).
Allegedly you can train to remember dreams when you write them down first thing after awaking. I didn't try, though. And what for? That weird **** I'm dreaming is better immediately forgotten.

Heyo

Veteran Member
The CDC recommends that you get 7 or more hours (unless you're a newborn, infant, toddler, school age kid, or teen, which I doubt you are) sleep per night.

Are you getting the recommended amount of sleep? More? Less?

If you are not, do you find this affects your daily life? If so, do you have any intention of correcting your sleep patterns? Why or why not?

View attachment 84280

I try to sleep about 4 1/2 hours per night and have naps of 20 mins at noon and in the evening. It's called the Everyman or triphasic sleep cycle of the polyphasic sleep models (labels vary). I sleep longer (6 or 7 1/2 h) when I don't get my naps.
The idea is that the average human needs 5 cycles of sleep per day, a normal cycle being about 1.5 hours. With training one can replace one or more of the nightly cycles with a power nap of 20 mins.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Allegedly you can train to remember dreams when you write them down first thing after awaking. I didn't try, though. And what for? That weird **** I'm dreaming is better immediately forgotten.
Kind of assumes I remember anything when I first wake up...which I don't.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
After a good 6 hours I'm raring to go. In fact I've been gone for nearly 4 hours ;-)

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
After a good 6 hours I'm raring to go. In fact I've been gone for nearly 4 hours ;-)
Can I borrow your tolerance for little sleep?

I got 4.5 last night. :( One of the 'kids' kept me up until 2am, and another had to pee at 6:30am and couldn't go back to sleep(and can't be left unattended).