• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HighSpinMfkzt

Merkabah Rider
Yea, ye took up the tabernacle of Moloch, and the star of your god Remphan, figures which ye made to worship them: and I will carry you away beyond Babylon. (Acts 7:43)

Any thoughts?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Yea, ye took up the tabernacle of Moloch, and the star of your god Remphan, figures which ye made to worship them: and I will carry you away beyond Babylon. (Acts 7:43)

Any thoughts?
Not really. No one has worshiped Molech or Remphan in thousands of years, nor am I aware of any archeological discoveries that would let us know what this star looked like or what it meant for those in that religion.

Various star shapes are quite common symbols, as are crosses, squares, circles, and diamonds. You have the five pointed star, the six pointed one, and the seven pointed one. After that, its just too difficult to draw. What a given star shape means in one culture will be very different than what it means in another. For example, like most American kids, I grew up drawing five pointed stars in my pictures of the night sky. It means nothing religious to me, despite the fact that the upside down version is used by the Church of Satan, or that modern Wiccans enjoy using the five pointer as one of their symbols.

Oh, I didn't think of it until just now, but maybe the Star of Remphan refers to a literal star in the heavens, like the North Star or Betelgeuse.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Your website passes along the antisemitic trope that the Star of David (Mogen David) indicates a connection between Judaism and paganism.

It's quite impossible. The book of Acts was written in the first century CE, and at that time, Judaism was fully divorced from pagan idolatry -- the Babylonian captivity pretty much forever wiped that tendency from Jewish hearts.

The star of David, OTOH, did not even exist as an accepted Jewish symbol until the 19th century. The earliest known use by Jews of the star was in 17th century Prague.

So, there is absolutely no connection.

Please be wary of what you read online. There is a LOT of garbage, and antisemitism is quite common.

Ebionite

Any thoughts?
But ye have borne the tabernacle of your Moloch and Chiun your images, the star of your god, which ye made to yourselves.
Therefore will I cause you to go into captivity beyond Damascus, saith YHWH, whose name [is] Elahi of armies.
Amos 5:26-27

Saturn is the sixth planet and has a hexagon on the south pole, so it is a good fit for the hexagram of the "star of David".

saturns-north-pole-is-a-hexagon.jpg

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Your website passes along the antisemitic trope that the Star of David (Mogen David) indicates a connection between Judaism and paganism.

It's quite impossible. The book of Acts was written in the first century CE, and at that time, Judaism was fully divorced from pagan idolatry -- the Babylonian captivity pretty much forever wiped that tendency from Jewish hearts.

The star of David, OTOH, did not even exist as an accepted Jewish symbol until the 19th century. The earliest known use by Jews of the star was in 17th century Prague.

So, there is absolutely no connection.

Please be wary of what you read online. There is a LOT of garbage, and antisemitism is quite common.
I don't take anything I read online as 'gospel' IndigoChild, it was just a web page that came up when I did a search. I posted it because it gave some commentary on Acts 7 where the 'Star of Remphan' passage appears, no insult to Judaism intended.