• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stephen King's Holly is now available!

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
For fans of Stephen King's horror/detective novels (and one novella) featuring private detective Holly Gibney, King's eagerly awaited Holly has just been released. The resourceful Holly Gibney has appeared in these works by King:

Mr. Mercedes (2014)
Finders Keepers (2015)
End of Watch (2016)
If It Bleeds (2020)
Holly (2023)

Stephen King has been quoted saying that Holly Gibney is his favorite of all the many characters he has created. I think she's my favorite, too.

Stephen King has also been recently quoted talking about his obsession with Lou Bega's song "Mambo No. 5" -- a song that he played so often that his wife threatened him: "One more time, and I’m going to ******* leave you." The Variety reporter assures us that "King must’ve stopped, as he’s been happily married to Tabitha King since 1971." :)

I rather like King's taste in music! (But maybe not so much if played continuously...)

Originally recorded by Cuban musician Dámaso Pérez Prado in 1949.
Lou Bega's version recorded in 1999.