• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Trinity - What on Earth is it?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
most of whom I believe are as puzzled as me if they were honest.
I don't think honesty is the issue. When you are around something constantly, it feels normal to you. They are regularly around others that they trust who profess it. Most people just don't logically question their beliefs. In fact, it is human nature that once we accept something, we tend to only look at those things which confirm it and explain it, and avoid anything that disrupts that belief.

InChrist

Free4ever
I have mentioned in various posts why I parted from Christianity. However, one thing just continues to bug me -the Trinity. It is to me the weirdest thing imaginable, but it is accepted by millions, most of whom I believe are as puzzled as me if they were honest.

It is a big subject so let us start with one factor. Son of God.
Son has biological, legal and social meanings, but what does it mean here? Why would it be considered as making any sense at all?
I believe in the triune nature of the Godhead because the biblical scriptures reveal the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as One God comprised of three Persons; all having eternal God Nature & Attributes. I don’t necessarily think it’s an easy concept to understand from an earthly human perspective because God is not finite, nor earthly, but eternal Spirit. Nevertheless, I believe God has stamped examples of His Triune Quality throughout the universe …

“In Romans:1:20
Paul argues that God's "eternal power and Godhead" are seen in the creation He made. God's eternal power—but His Godhead? Yes, as Dr. Wood pointed out years ago in The Secret of the Universe, the triune nature of God is stamped on His creation. The cosmos is divided into three: space, matter and time. Each of these is divided into three. Space, for instance, is composed of length, breadth and width, each separate and distinct in itself, yet the three are one. Length, breadth and width are not three spaces, but three dimensions comprising one space. Run enough lines lengthwise and you take in the whole. But so it is with the width and height. Each is separate and distinct, yet each is all of space—just as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is each God.

Time also is a trinity: past, present and future—two invisible and one visible. Each is separate and distinct, yet each is the whole. Man himself is a triunity of spirit, soul and body, two of which are invisible, one visible. Many more details could be given of the Godhead's triunity reflected in the universe. It can hardly be coincidence.”

Muffled

Jesus in me
Jesus is the one talked about at Revelation 3:14 B who is the beginning of the creation of God.
Created by God's spirit - Psalm 104:30
Beginning means: start
God started creating long before creating the Earth. - Genesis 1:26 - heavenly Jesus is part of the 'us' in verse 26.
Thus, created Jesus was the first of God's creation - Colossians 1:15; Proverbs 8:22
Jesus gives credit to his God as being Creator at Rev. 4:11
I believe that doesn't mean the beginning of creation. God can create at a any time and if it is a new thing it is a new beginning. Such was the conception of Jesus.

I believe psalm 104:30 has no reference to Jesus.

I believe the "us" could be anything and certainly does not state that it is Jesus.

I believe there is nothing about pre-existence in those.

Eli G

A belief is nothing if it does just come from a person's mind. Any belief has to be supported by a reliable source, and human imagination is not that kind of source. There is enough evidence of this in psychiatric hospitals.

For example: if the Bible says that God's creation had a beginning (Gen. 1:1), then that belief is supported by the Bible... and the opposite would be denying what the Bible says.

A person who believes the opposite of what the Bible says is an enemy of the Intellectual Author of the Bible: God, who inspired it with His own spirit.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I believe that doesn't mean the beginning of creation. God can create at a any time and if it is a new thing it is a new beginning. Such was the conception of Jesus.
I believe psalm 104:30 has no reference to Jesus.
I believe the "us" could be anything and certainly does not state that it is Jesus.
I believe there is nothing about pre-existence in those.
I can agree Psalm 104:30 has No reference to Jesus because it is God who sends forth His spirit to create
Jesus gives all the credit to his God as being The Creator (singular) at Revelation 4:11
To me there is pre-existence involved with the first prophecy found at Genesis 3:15
Satan is the pre-existing angel that gets bruised in his head (Hebrews 2:14 B)
ALL the angels were created before the visible material world came into existence - Job 38:4-7
In order for Lord Jesus to have the voice of The Archangel then Jesus had a per-human life - 1st Thess. 4:16
Heavenly Jesus thus being the promised 'seed' (Messiah) of Gen. 3:15 whom God would send to Earth for us