• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trial involving trying to overthrow the election set for March 4, 2024.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Most coups involve the support of the military and or police with the rare exception of a bloodless coup where the government is taken over with the means available to enforce the change of power.

If people want to remain ignorant and cant or refuse tell the difference, then so be it. Not my problem.
Yes, it is your problem you can't understand the basic English words "failed coup" and seem to think that how it's done most of the time must mean that's hiw it's always done.

Shadow Wolf

For example he could get convicted. And he could get convicted. And he could get convicted. And he could get convicted. I know that there are some other trials out there too, but I do not think that they involve prison time.

Or judges could realize that the 14th Amendment does apply to him and start blocking him from some state polls. That would start a case that would end up with the Supreme Court. And Supreme Court judges do not tend to stay bought. They have followed their personal dreams with then overturned Roe v. Wade and made other hypocritical First Amendment decisions, but I do not seem them staying bought to Trump. They might rightfully want to distance themselves from him.
I was thinking more like what if he actually became a Christian, his long overdue heart attack happens, he may even just not run so he can sit on top of his thrown in Trumpverse where everyone loves him, staff must be yesmen and there is nothing to tell him no or complicate his plans.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
"the day before Super Tuesday, a crucial voting day when the largest number of delegates are up for grabs""
Even if Trump is convicted the Trump lovers would vote for him I read on CNN earlier. The conviction won't even be in then. He doesn't have to campaign to win the nomination either with a lead of 40 points. The general election is another matter. Those neither Democrat or Republican, the so-called independents I also read would be influenced by a conviction.

Shadow Wolf

The devotion for Trump by his cult followers has remained almost exactly the same for years no matter what. If 4 indictments doesn't change their mind at bit, what will?
I already listed a few things. I'll have to check more into but moments ago I saw a headline about him saying something about abortion that Reps didn't like. Something about him saying they're going to lose because of the issue.
We simply just do not have crystal balls that tell us the future.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Even if Trump is convicted the Trump lovers would vote for him I read on CNN earlier. The conviction won't even be in then. He doesn't have to campaign to win the nomination either with a lead of 40 points. The general election is another matter. Those neither Democrat or Republican, the so-called independents I also read would be influenced by a conviction.
If the 14th Amendment was applied that wouldn't matter. It would be the same as a vote for Mickey Mouse or Arnold Schwarzenegger. Neither one is qualified for the ballot votes for him would be thrown away. And I do not believe that all Republicans are that stupid.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I was thinking more like what if he actually became a Christian, his long overdue heart attack happens, he may even just not run so he can sit on top of his thrown in Trumpverse where everyone loves him, staff must be yesmen and there is nothing to tell him no or complicate his plans.
I have been following some of the inside politics for his cases. His support is falling apart among the codefenders. Several have already flipped. Some have harmed him by trying to save themselves.

Shadow Wolf

I have been following some of the inside politics for his cases. His support is falling apart among the codefenders. Several have already flipped. Some have harmed him by trying to save themselves.
Yeah. That's why I think it may tempt him to stay where he is indisputably in charge and can punish those who betray him. Probably among the lesser of the possibilities, but never the less it is a path to unfettered and unbridled ego stroking on ways he learned the presidency just is not and cannot be. He's probably also aware America will put Dems in charge of at least one Congressional chamber against him, meaning it's going to be opposition and that dreaded "no" word he clearly doesn't like.

Truthseeker

If the 14th Amendment was applied that wouldn't matter. It would be the same as a vote for Mickey Mouse or Arnold Schwarzenegger. Neither one is qualified for the ballot votes for him would be thrown away. And I do not believe that all Republicans are that stupid.
I think the 14th amendment application applies to the general election only, but that would have to be checked by me or someone else. In any rate certainly that could lead to his defeat somewhere along the way. It isn't a slam dunk on that score as i understand it at the moment, because there would be a series of appeals leading to the Supreme Court of the US, and I'm not certain they would say Trump is ineligible under the 14th amendment. Then also if he is convicted his base won't turn against him at least one poll has indicated, but the so-called independents would be more inclined not to vote for him. Overall, I feel confident at this time he will go down to defeat and won't be president again. Democracy will be saved, not only because Trump won't be president but if he is convicted on the insurrection of 1/6, and I think he will this will discourage future presidents of trying to overthrow the election.

Truthseeker

I already listed a few things. I'll have to check more into but moments ago I saw a headline about him saying something about abortion that Reps didn't like. Something about him saying they're going to lose because of the issue.
We simply just do not have crystal balls that tell us the future.
That could make some difference but I doubt looking at the current polls it would be enough of a difference. The trouble is that that DeSantis support has been sinking this year. On January 6th he polled at 40.5%. Now it is at 14.6%. This partly because more have joined the race to take part of his share, and partly because his campaign has gone badly. Even though there more more candidates now, Trump polls at 55.8% on average among the Republicans. With the rest dividing the vote in small chunks, Trump at this rate will win every primary. A large field last time helped lead to a Trump nomination. As it is now, there are 10 in the race.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I think the 14th amendment application applies to the general election only, but that would have to be checked by me or someone else. In any rate certainly that could lead to his defeat somewhere along the way. It isn't a slam dunk on that score as i understand it at the moment, because there would be a series of appeals leading to the Supreme Court of the US, and I'm not certain they would say Trump is ineligible under the 14th amendment. Then also if he is convicted his base won't turn against him at least one poll has indicated, but the so-called independents would be more inclined not to vote for him. Overall, I feel confident at this time he will go down to defeat and won't be president again. Democracy will be saved, not only because Trump won't be president but if he is convicted on the insurrection of 1/6, and I think he will this will discourage future presidents of trying to overthrow the election.
I know that it would have to go to the Supreme Court. But let's say that it did, and that they found against Trump. Now what a party does in its primary elections is its own business. But if the USSC found against him he could not be put on the ballot in any state. That is a federal matter. And if anyone wrote in "Trump" that would not be officially counted either. It would just go into the pile of ballots for Mickey Mouse, Goofy, and Queen Elizabeth. They would be thrown away votes. Not even the Republicans are that stupid. They would find a replacement very very quickly. It would not matter if would have have won the primaries or not. They would be within their rights to toss him off of the list in self defense.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
A coup d'état (/ˌkuːdeɪˈtɑː/ i; French for 'stroke of state'[1]), or simply a coup, is an illegal and overt attempt by the military or other government elites to unseat the incumbent leader by force.[2][3] A self-coup is when a leader, having come to power through legal means, tries to stay in power through illegal means.[3]-- Coup d'état - Wikipedia
Thank you @metis for educating people here on what a coup actually is.

An insurrection is clearly the proper and accurate description as it applies to the sixth.

Wandering Monk

I can't see a situation where write-in votes for Trump would be counted if his ineligibility is upheld.

wellwisher

Thank you @metis for educating people here on what a coup actually is.

An insurrection is clearly the proper and accurate description as it applies to the sixth.
Insurrection; : an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government.

Wouldn't that also describe what happen during the riots of the summer of 2020, before the election. If I recall the Lefty mobs attacked the police and even burned down police stations and police vehicles, ignoring civil laws, like no looting. This was organized all over the Country, in dozens of cities, like a plague. This insurrection was an organized in a massive scope, and was not in an isolated one city pocket like Jan 6.

Police are the civil authority in all towns and cities. If it quacks like a duck, it is a duck. In the case of the summer of 2020 insurrection, justice was never served and nobody went to jail, no matter the crimes. Those who endorsed that insurrection, were the same leaders accused of rigging the 2020 election; Trump had probable cause.

The difference between the summer of 2020 insurrection, the 2016 Russian collusion Coup, and the 2020 Trump claim that the election was stolen, was Big Government was actively involved in the first two either defending or attacking, while the third case was never directly investigated by Big Government. That should have raised yellow flag if one was rational.

The third action had to be done at the expense of citizens and Trump. Trump and his people had to bring their claim to court, with Civil suits, using citizen money, since there was never going to be any formal investigation initiated by Big Government on the tax payer's dime. They would foot drag and attack instead of give the benefit of doubt with an investigation of a serious charge.

In the Third case, Big Government, via the swamp, was running cover up and a counter offensive. The Jan 2021 narrative went from demonstration, to riots, to insurrection, to increasingly set the stage for continued their plan of injustice. It would never investigative the election interference claims with a Mueller style independent investigation, like they did with the fake Russian Collusion Coup claims. That type of investigation would have settled the mob, proactively. It was the lack of Government action, that led to citizen action. I am not saying how an independent investigation would have ended, but I am saying it was never offered by Big Government, other than as counter offense prosecution, against those who claimed foul play.

Why wasn't a Big Governemt counter offense mounted against the swamp after the Collusion coup fizzled out? If the Government was not corrupt, justice would have been served and all that came after would have been avoided. That is the context of what would happen in the future and even the present.

Luckily and expectingly Biden and this team are not very competent and have created a mess. Issues like inflation, immigration and Israel are is now dividing the Democrat Party and its base. Big Government is still being used to cover up Biden's influence peddling rather than look into those serious charges. This started to change when the Swamp lost the House. Now the writing is on the wall.

The Biden laptop was called Russian Disinformation, by a long list of swamp intel people, before the 2020 election, which turned out to be another case of Swamp led Government coverup. Twitter and social media was under pressure by the same Swamp led Government and FBI, to censor anything that would harm the Biden 2020 election chances. The Courts had to tell the Swamp this is not Constitutional, since they will not investigate their own corrupt house.

After Trump wins in 2024, Trump will have this turn to use the same dirty tricks, that the Democrats have made an institution. Obama, Biden, Pelosi, Schiff and Schumer, might all be tied up in Civil Courts, bleeding their ill gotten fortunes. Tax payer paid prosecutors have endless resources to play with. Lawyers as good as Trump has, cost a fortune to rent. Justice will be served even of they become broke and not serve any jail time.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Insurrection; : an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government.

Wouldn't that also describe what happen during the riots of the summer of 2020, before the election. If I recall the Lefty mobs attacked the police and even burned down police stations and police vehicles, ignoring civil laws, like no looting. This was organized all over the Country, in dozens of cities, like a plague. This insurrection was an organized in a massive scope, and was not in an isolated one city pocket like Jan 6.

Police are the civil authority in all towns and cities. If it quacks like a duck, it is a duck. In the case of the summer of 2020 insurrection, justice was never served and nobody went to jail, no matter the crimes. Those who endorsed that insurrection, were the same leaders accused of rigging the 2020 election; Trump had probable cause.

The difference between the summer of 2020 insurrection, the 2016 Russian collusion Coup, and the 2020 Trump claim that the election was stolen, was Big Government was actively involved in the first two either defending or attacking, while the third case was never directly investigated by Big Government. That should have raised yellow flag if one was rational.

The third action had to be done at the expense of citizens and Trump. Trump and his people had to bring their claim to court, with Civil suits, using citizen money, since there was never going to be any formal investigation initiated by Big Government on the tax payer's dime. They would foot drag and attack instead of give the benefit of doubt with an investigation of a serious charge.

In the Third case, Big Government, via the swamp, was running cover up and a counter offensive. The Jan 2021 narrative went from demonstration, to riots, to insurrection, to increasingly set the stage for continued their plan of injustice. It would never investigative the election interference claims with a Mueller style independent investigation, like they did with the fake Russian Collusion Coup claims. That type of investigation would have settled the mob, proactively. It was the lack of Government action, that led to citizen action. I am not saying how an independent investigation would have ended, but I am saying it was never offered by Big Government, other than as counter offense prosecution, against those who claimed foul play.

Why wasn't a Big Governemt counter offense mounted against the swamp after the Collusion coup fizzled out? If the Government was not corrupt, justice would have been served and all that came after would have been avoided. That is the context of what would happen in the future and even the present.

Luckily and expectingly Biden and this team are not very competent and have created a mess. Issues like inflation, immigration and Israel are is now dividing the Democrat Party and its base. Big Government is still being used to cover up Biden's influence peddling rather than look into those serious charges. This started to change when the Swamp lost the House. Now the writing is on the wall.

The Biden laptop was called Russian Disinformation, by a long list of swamp intel people, before the 2020 election, which turned out to be another case of Swamp led Government coverup. Twitter and social media was under pressure by the same Swamp led Government and FBI, to censor anything that would harm the Biden 2020 election chances. The Courts had to tell the Swamp this is not Constitutional, since they will not investigate their own corrupt house.

After Trump wins in 2024, Trump will have this turn to use the same dirty tricks, that the Democrats have made an institution. Obama, Biden, Pelosi, Schiff and Schumer, might all be tied up in Civil Courts, bleeding their ill gotten fortunes. Tax payer paid prosecutors have endless resources to play with. Lawyers as good as Trump has, cost a fortune to rent. Justice will be served even of they become broke and not serve any jail time.
I see that you are confused again. No, the riots that arose out of the BLM movements were not insurrections. Insurrection is an event that takes place on a national level. No one even tried to replace local government so it failed even at that level.

And though not enough of them were prosecuted many of the rioters were prosecuted. In fact as always your whole post fails but that would take too long to correct.