• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Understanding the holy scriptures is impossible unless God gives you the interpretation

nick.f

1 Corinthians 1:22-25​

22 Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom,
23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles,
24 but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.
25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.

The signs and the wisdom is the evidence people ask for to believe. God will never present such evidence even if it means people will end up in hell. Something God will never do is to violate a human's autonomy. He created logical and FREE beings, not robots. That is what He created human in His own icon means. Human has AUTONOMY. The moment God presents solid proof like many people ask for the autonomy and freedom gets lost. Even if Jesus presents himself in front of someone of those who demand solid proof they might probably say their brain is playing tricks on them,they will not believe. Jesus said in the story with Lazarus and the rich man that even if someone is raised from the fead they will not believe.

That passage means you have to accept first Jesus and the teachings of the Church first and you will find the evidence later. Like the scientists who make an experiment to prove a theory. You want proof? Make the experiment, follow the teachings of the Church and you will find the evidence, the proof you are asking for. The moment you don't follow the teachings of the Church don't say there is not proof.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Maybe you can understand my antitheism. And maybe @Trailblazer can better understand why I say that the more religion a person absorbs, the worse it is for him and his neighbors. We need less of what you are being taught and are now disseminating in the world. I wonder which of our messages she will find more appealing.
The more unquestioned religious dogma a person absorbs, the worse it is for him and his neighbors.
Deeply religious people do not realize this because they are too close to it, so they cannot stand outside and look at it objectively.

What we need is less religiosity and more spirituality. One does not have to have a religion to be spiritual.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You don't Believe in Elohim/God or have any Faith.
I have Belief and Faith in God. My life is centered around that Belief and Faith.
I have been reading some of your exchanges with the Atheist @It Aint Necessarily So and you have stated you would marry an Agnostic. This proves that you have no Belief or Faith in Elohim/God. You are also supporting writings against the Bible of the Atheist @It Aint Necessarily So. Therefore, you are My Satanic Enemy that is in a Total War against Elohim/God.
That I would marry an agnostic does not mean that I have no Belief or Faith in God. I would rather marry an agnostic than a Christian since agnostics are more rational, and as you know, Christians do not even live like true Christians, so what's the point?

I do support @It Aint Necessarily So because he is my friend and I consider him a good person, a moral person, and a rational person. Although I am still a firm believer in God, he has opened my eyes on many things.

I support writings against the Bible because because I do not unquestionably believe the Bible is the Word of God. Rather, I believe it is the writings of men who claimed to be inspired by God. The Bible is not my holy book. I adhere to the Writings of Baha'u'llah.

I believe some of that Bible is patently false and that means it cannot be trusted as a Source of information about God. The Bible as written for people who lived in an ancient world, so it was written according to their capacity to understand God and other things. People living in this modern age have the capacity to better understand God and many things, so we have new scriptures now, the Writings of Baha'u'llah. We also have a new message from God, a message that Christians have completely ignored.

I don't care if you want to be my enemy. I am nobody's enemy just because they do not believe what I believe.

Last edited:

firedragon

Veteran Member
"Wall of writing?" Your question was already in answered in one of the posts you considered too long to read. I'm not motivated to repeat it and you seem unwilling to do your part, so I think we're done. What reason would I have to continue with you when you are dictatorial about how I must write to you and offensive in your judgment of what I have written without even reading it?

Yikes! Your Satanic enemy? Is this what your religion teaches you? This is pure vitriol.

Maybe you can understand my antitheism. And maybe @Trailblazer can better understand why I say that the more religion a person absorbs, the worse it is for him and his neighbors. We need less of what you are being taught and are now disseminating in the world. I wonder which of our messages she will find more appealing.

I don't recall asking you or anybody else for life advice. Whatever path you're on, no thanks.

I say let him speak. Let his light shine.
What's this?

Elihoenai

I don't recall asking you or anybody else for life advice. Whatever path you're on, no thanks.
Understanding the holy scriptures is impossible unless God gives you the interpretation

It Aint Necessarily So said:
As I've said, I'm comfortable without religion. And I'm not looking for life advice any more than you are. I worked that out decades ago. What advice do you think you could give me to improve my life?
Elihoenai said:
To improve your life, from your Perspective is Total Devotion to the path you are on Being Whole Hearted. Total Devotion in your life is Marquis de Sade, Jacob Frank and Aleister Crowley. I don't know if your at the level of Commitment as these Practitioners.

Aleister Crowley - Bio