• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Does Passover/Easter Holyday/Holiday Mean To You?

2ndpillar

Yes

No.

The actual presiding figure within the council was Hosius of Cordoba, a prominent bishop who acted as the papal legate representing Pope Sylvester I.

Until such time as you can provide evidence that Constantine was ordained a bishop, and had a vote at the Council, you are up the creek without a paddle.
Constantine was not a bishop, he was pontifex maximus, he appointed bishops ,
and had the power to exile bishops, as did his son, who exiled Ossius/Hosius (bishop of Cordoba and representative of the bishop of Rome), under pressure from Constantine's real top adviser, who was the Arian, Eusebius. Hosius of Corduba - Wikipedia There was no Roman pope at the time of the 325 A.D. Council of Nicaea. There was a "bishop of Rome". Using the term "pope" is simply a revision of status. His supposed title of "pontificate" is one purloined from the pontifex maximus, Constantine, who inherited the position from Julius Caesar, who held the office of pontifex maximus, chief priest of the pagan religion. There is no evidence that your "Hosius", bishop from Spain, presided over the Council, other than his name was found high on the list of attendees. The record shows that Constantine presided over the council. The Council of Nicaea: Pagan Emperor Constantine Used Christianity to Unify Church and State But then again, you appear to be of the me-to generation, and what comes out of your mouth comes straight from God.

. Although Constantine was also present at the council, and presided over it as an honorary president, he left the direction of the theological debates to the ecclesiastical leaders. The Council of Nicaea: Pagan Emperor Constantine Used Christianity to Unify Church and State

On the other hand, the Christian church benefited immensely from Constantine's generosity and devotion. Eventually, he decreed that those engaged in ecclesiastical duties received the same privileges accorded pagan priests. In earnest both clergymen, and the churches, were exempt from taxation. The Christian church also acquired the right of inheritance, meaning that anyone could entrust their possessions to the church. (64) Constantine kept to himself the power to appoint bishops.

Bishop of Rome
Pope Sylvester I (also known as Silvester) was the bishop of Rome from 31 January 314 until his death on 31 December 33512. His pontificate saw the beginnings of the Christian Roman Empire, and he was the first Pope of Rome to reign entirely under the liberty of the Church, guaranteed by the Edict of Milan in 313.

2ndpillar

The Inquisition was presided over by the Grand Inquisitor (today called the Prefect, or head, of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith). NOT the Pope. The fact that the Pope is the the spiritual authority of the Catholic church doesn't mean that he presides over the Inquisition. He merely offers oversight and authorization of various Inquisitions. You cannot say that a Papal Bull is the same thing as being investigated by the Inquisition. It's JUST NOT. Can we move on now?
The pope was the head of the Inquisition body previously to 1965. As a self professed Pontiff, he remains in control of the organization. Dicastery for the Doctrine of the Faith - Wikipedia At the earlier time, such as during the Spanish Inquisition, the body was known as the Tribunal of the Holy Office of the Inquisition. The Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith, or as of 2022, the "Dicastery", which is the modern identity. The "Papal Bull" is supposedly the result of the "investigation by the Inquisition". You are supposedly supposed to have an investigation and then a trial and then a "bull".

This institution was founded by Pope Paul III on 21 July 1542, as the Supreme Sacred Congregation of the Roman and Universal Inquisition.[a] It was then renamed in 1908 as the Supreme Sacred Congregation of the Holy Office. In 1965, it became the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (CDF; Latin: Congregatio pro Doctrina Fidei). Since 2022, it is named Dicastery for the Doctrine of the Faith.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dicastery_for_the_Doctrine_of_the_Faith#cite_note-3 It is still informally known as the Holy Office (Latin: Sanctum Officium) in many Catholic countries.[2]

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
The pope was the head of the Inquisition body previously to 1965.
Oy vey. Instead of moving on, or actually replying to my points (god forbid), your response is simply to repeat the same thing you have said before, as if I have not addressed it.

Well, sure, spin your wheels. Maybe if you say it 100x, it will magically come true.

As for me, I'm moving on. Perhaps you cannot handle actual history and information of how the CC works, but I'm sure that lurkers following the discussion can clearly see that your claims have been refuted, and are not impressed with your single minded bigotry. See you later, gator.

2ndpillar

Oy vey. Instead of moving on, or actually replying to my points (god forbid), your response is simply to repeat the same thing you have said before, as if I have not addressed it.

Well, sure, spin your wheels. Maybe if you say it 100x, it will magically come true.

As for me, I'm moving on. Perhaps you cannot handle actual history and information of how the CC works, but I'm sure that lurkers following the discussion can clearly see that your claims have been refuted, and are not impressed with your single minded bigotry. See you later, gator.
Your "the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith" began in 1965 and ended in 2022. Its structure was different than "the Supreme Sacred Congregation of the Roman and Universal Inquisition". You making declarative statements does not refute the references I have supplied. Maybe in an academic setting, whereas you would have tenure, you might get away with such antics, but now you are being reviewed by your peers, many who have the same affiliations, but who can see what is up is not down, nor is down up. Calling me a bigot, is not going to help your cause.

The Congregation of the Inquisition of 1542 was established by the pope, and he appointed 10 cardinals, two prelates, and two assistants, plus consultants, all from the Dominican order, to carry out the processes. The pope was the guy in charge, not some spiritual powers he supposedly held. Roman Inquisition - Wikipedia

The main function of the institution was to maintain and implement papal bulls and other church rulings, in addition to their function of administering legalistic ramifications upon deviants of Catholic orthodoxy within states that cooperated with the pope and ostensibly exhibiting proper procedure to Catholic states in the process of formulating the Counter-Reformation.[1] The papal bull Ad abolendam, by Lucius III, prescribed penalties for heretical clerics and laymen and established a procedure of systematic inquisition by bishops; the third canon of the fourth Lateran Council (1215) specified procedures against heretics and their accomplices. Clerics were to be degraded from their orders, lay persons were to be branded as infamous and not be admitted to public offices or councils or to run a business, will not have the freedom to make a will nor shall succeed to an inheritance, goods were to be confiscated. A secular leader who "neglects to cleanse his territory of this heretical filth" would be excommunicated and the supreme pontiff could declare his vassals absolved from their fealty to him and make the land available for occupation by Catholics who would possess it unopposed and preserve it in the purity of the faith.[2]

The organizational system of the Roman Inquisition did differ essentially from that of the Medieval Inquisition. Typically, the pope appointed one cardinal to preside over meetings of the Congregation. Though often referred to in historical literature as Grand Inquisitors, the role was substantially different from the formally appointed Grand Inquisitor of the Spanish Inquisition. There were usually ten other cardinals who were members of the Congregation, as well as a prelate and two assistants all chosen from the Dominican Order. The Holy Office also had an international group of consultants; experienced scholars of theology and canon law who advised on specific questions. The congregation, in turn, presided over the activity of local tribunals.

Elihoenai

Oh no, I wasn't raised Roman Catholic but I have fasted before. I just don't now.
Matthew 17:20-21

20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

21 Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

Yeshua/Jesus instructed that Prayer and Fasting are the building blocks of Powerful Faith. Without Fasting there is no Real Christianity.

Last edited:

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Matthew 17:20-21

20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

21 Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

Yeshua/Jesus instructed that Prayer and Fasting are the building blocks of Powerful Faith. Without Fasting there is no Real Christianity.
Oh I have the faith of a mustard seed, don't worry. But I am not likely to fast, sorry.

Elihoenai

Oh I have the faith of a mustard seed, don't worry. But I am not likely to fast, sorry.
Why do think I would worry? Why are you apologising? What Elohim/God has Ordained for you Elohim/God has Ordained. One man's Faith to another man is No Faith at all.

IndigoChild5559

Why do think I would worry? Why are you apologising? What Elohim/God has Ordained for you Elohim/God has Ordained. One man's Faith to another man is No Faith at all.
Her apology is merely rhetorical. It's the equivalent of someone saying, "What? You think I should pay for your expensive meal? Sorry, but that just isn't going to happen."

Elihoenai

Her apology is merely rhetorical. It's the equivalent of someone saying, "What? You think I should pay for your expensive meal? Sorry, but that just isn't going to happen."
Isaiah 43:3

3 For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.

Real Christianity is the Most Expensive Meal that you can pay for. The Price of Real Christianity is Too Expensive for every person on the planet apart from a Few hundred/thousand Elect.

IndigoChild5559

Isaiah 43:3

3 For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.

Real Christianity is the Most Expensive Meal that you can pay for. The Price of Real Christianity is Too Expensive for every person on the planet apart from a Few hundred/thousand Elect.
You have a really bad habit of quoting me (and others) and then giving a reply that has absolutely nothing to do with the quote.