• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where Have All the Pagans Gone?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
based on the selection displayed in the 'latest posts', no it doesn't appear that there's much life right now...the recent shocks to the system may have chased some infrequent posters away at least temporarily...

It's been quiet in here for a while. Even before the changes. But I'm sure they didn't help. Kinda miss the chaos of the old 2010 RF.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I suspect it has something to do with Paganism being more in vogue among younger people who by and large don't even know what a forum is. They're probably running Pagan Twitter channels and so on. They are also incredibly uncommon, despite the rising numbers, that doesn't really reflect what we see in the real world and we don't really know what people mean by 'Pagan' when it's chosen/written on censuses. Maybe many of them don't want a debate forum where they interact with non-pagans.

Last edited:

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
Maybe many of them don't want a debate forum where they interact with non-pagans.

IMO, this is the crux of the reason for many as there is a large portion of the Pagan movement that isn't well-informed, having "learned" entirely from social media and pop-culture books. They don't fare well in objective discussions, never mind debate, and commonly resort to social media arguing (i.e., attack the person when you can't attack their points). They prefer echo chambers like TikTok etc. or forums where they can downvote anything they don't want to hear into oblivion, gain mod/admin status and go on biased power trips. A site like this that encourages opposing views and earnest debate is looked at as hostile territory.

Hildeburh

IMO, this is the crux of the reason for many as there is a large portion of the Pagan movement that isn't well-informed, having "learned" entirely from social media and pop-culture books. They don't fare well in objective discussions, never mind debate, and commonly resort to social media arguing (i.e., attack the person when you can't attack their points). They prefer echo chambers like TikTok etc. or forums where they can downvote anything they don't want to hear into oblivion, gain mod/admin status and go on biased power trips. A site like this that encourages opposing views and earnest debate is looked at as hostile territory.
Yes, yes and yes.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
It's been quiet in here for a while. Even before the changes. But I'm sure they didn't help. Kinda miss the chaos of the old 2010 RF.

When I first joined, there were a few pretty active pagan and lefthand path members. Even pagan private forum saw some action!

On my end, I just can't post in general as much as I used to. :-(

ChieftheCef

What do you mean by "growing up?"
You ever hear of people going from one political party, or religion or whatever, to another because they either succumbed to their genes and became their parents or found some new reason to be part of something else or otherwise grew up. I'm a pluralistic polytheist panentheist.

ChieftheCef

I suspect it has something to do with Paganism being more in vogue among younger people who by and large don't even know what a forum is. They're probably running Pagan Twitter channels and so on. They are also incredibly uncommon, despite the rising numbers, that doesn't really reflect what we see in the real world and we don't really know what people mean by 'Pagan' when it's chosen/written on censuses. Maybe many of them don't want a debate forum where they interact with non-pagans.
Whatever it is it is sad. Monotheism is proven by science poison.