• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are some people on the internet rude and hostile and pretentious and speak without using proper English ?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Seriously what causes people to say some of the most hurtful things on the internet ? I don't get it.
It's really a variety of reasons, because you are speaking about some very different things.

First, let's talk about trolls, people who go into chatrooms and into forums with the intent to stir the pot. It is a mild form of sadism, as they get pleasure from the discomfort and alarm of others.

Second, people behave very differently when they think they are not being watched, or are otherwise anonymous. One of the sad realities of electronic communication is that many people will say horrible things that they would never say face to face.

And the main reason that people don't speak English so well on the internet is for the simple reason that its a WORLD WIDE WEB and you get people from other countries for whom English is their second language.