• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

‘We will not enlist in the enemy army’ - Israel on the brink

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

‘We will not enlist in the enemy army’: Thousands of Haredim protest ultra-Orthodox draft

Haredi minister’s car attacked as violence erupts at anti-draft protest in Jerusalem

Iran threatens 'obliterating war' if Israel attacks Hezbollah in Lebanon

(and more)

I have the feeling that the Israel we've known for many decades is about to disintegrate perhaps as part of an all out war with Iran and its proxies and possibly turning nuclear at some point. Iran might not have an atomic bomb but they can certainly create a dirty conventional bomb if they've not already done so.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

‘We will not enlist in the enemy army’: Thousands of Haredim protest ultra-Orthodox draft

Haredi minister’s car attacked as violence erupts at anti-draft protest in Jerusalem

(and more)

I have the feeling that the Israel we've known for many decades is about to disintegrate perhaps as part of an all out war with Iran and its proxies and possibly turning nuclear at some point. Iran might not have an atomic bomb but they can certainly create a dirty conventional bomb if they've not already done so.
If they do so, that is use any nuclear weapon, that will be the end of the Iranian regime.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I have the feeling that the Israel we've known
"... the Israel we've known"? :)

I was unaware that you "know" Israel or, for that matter, the contours of political protests in the U.S.

5 arrested during clashes with police, officer hospitalized; stones hurled atr vehicles carrying United Torah Judaism party head Yithak Goldknopf as his predecessor Yaakov Litzman [ibid]

Yep ... the sky is falling. :eek:

Audie

Veteran Member

(and more)

If Iran wishes suicide then they will achieve it.

Alien826

No religious beliefs
I was unaware that you "know" Israel or, for that matter, the contours of political protests in the U.S.
Not addressed to me, but what I "know" (mainly from news sources) about this aspect of Israeli life is as follows.

Israel considers itself, perhaps accurately, to be a "nation under siege". To address that they have instituted a policy where all (with exceptions) young people have to serve in the military and thereafter be ready to take up arms again on short notice. The Haredim, if that is the correct name, have for a long time enjoyed an exemption for their Seminary students. The religious right wing parties, though not representing a majority of the population, have been part of a coalition in government that has enabled them to push the politics of the country in their direction, which includes a very hard line policy towards the Palestinians (word used to cover a multitude of policies).

Many of those Israelis that are not part of this group have expressed resentment, in that the Haredim students are "getting away with" a burden that is supposed to be shared by all. It is also seen as ironic that those advocating certain policies want to be immune from at least one of the consequences of those policies.

A law has been passed that reverses the situation and a long simmering pot seems to be about to boil over. It could lead to the collapse of the current government with what ever consequences ensue.

Right, wrong, close?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So you believe that Israel wouldn’t be doing what it is doing if they didn’t have the money backing from the United States?
Having much less power would indeed affect its behavior.
Would it be as brutal? Yes.
But it would likely be more circumspect because of greater
vulnerability, & likely more hesitant to inspire Muslim
countries to attack.
They would still be doing what they are doing in my opinion.
Tactics would have to change to reflect lower military capability.

King Phenomenon

Veteran Member
countries to attack.

In that case, leave the United States out of it.

King Phenomenon

Veteran Member
countries to attack.

Your arguments thin