• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

183 military conflicts in 2023 including regional and local. The rise in warfare is noticeable.

Heyo

Veteran Member

What do you think is the cause of so many conflicts in the same year?

Precursor towards something worse?
The pendulum swings back. I think we have natural cycles in our development. And it's not only wars. Radical political views are on the rise again as well as crime. And people are getting dumber again.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

The causes are likely similar to the causes of most wars throughout history - land, resources, revenge over the last war, etc.

I would also attribute much of it to a certain degree of geopolitical complacency. I've noticed in the past that many would try to express a far too rosy and/or optimistic appraisal of world affairs, saying things like "the world has never been more peaceful than it is now," which implies and encourages a sense of overconfidence, hubris, irresponsibility, apathy, and recklessness.

There are nearly 200 sovereign nations in the world - many of which are also divided by internal factions within. The higher the number, the more chances of conflict occurring.

McBell

Admiral Obvious

I learned the other day in a different thread that all the wars/conflicts during any specific time frame are caused by whomever happens to be the President of the USA during that same time frame.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I learned the other day in a different thread that all the wars/conflicts during any specific time frame are caused by whomever happens to be the President of the USA during that same time frame.
1. The Prez rarely has anything to do with it. Those things are planned and enacted with years of preparation by the CIA. They are independent of the current government.
2. Not even the CIA can be everywhere. It's only 80 or 90%.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
1. The Prez rarely has anything to do with it. Those things are planned and enacted with years of preparation by the CIA. They are independent of the current government.
2. Not even the CIA can be everywhere. It's only 80 or 90%.
According to the informant in the other thread, it is all about the sitting President of the USA during the war time.
Though they did not clarify about a war that had more than one sitting US President...