• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

25-year old man kills himself as reelection protest

retrorich

SUPER NOT-A-MOD
retrorich said:
A 25-year old man apparently shot himself to death in Ground Zero as a protest against the reelection of George Bush.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/11/07/ground.zero.suicide.ap/index.html
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]I am disgusted, discouraged and depressed by the reelection of George Bush--arguably the worst president in U.S. history. (Yes, even worse than Richard Nixon.) In a way, I am even more upset by the passage of anti-gay marriage amendments in 11 states. I fear these will be only the first of a long series of discriminatory, anti-minority laws to be passed during Bush's second term.

But the death of that young man is a tragedy. I feel the same pain that he did; but I wish he could have found a more positive way to express his opposition to our new Christian dictatorship. We could have used his help.

May he rest in peace.
[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]
[/font]

What an interesting world we live in where the language with which some people describe a conservative American President is more vitriolic than the language with which they describe Kim Jong Il, Saddam Hussein, the Ayatollah, Osama Bin Laden, or Fidel Castro.

robtex

Veteran Member
i read the article and i am sorta preplexed. where is the sucide note? What kind of political statement can be really made by an action that is not definded via a note? Wonder what it is that is not in the article that would make that sucide make more sense?

did he have prior mental problems and that led to suicide?
did he have a note but it was not revealed to the pubic?
did he talk or suggest sucide before he went and if so under what context?
ect ect

I think actually it would be better for his family that we not know because their pain would be greater than our benefit but i have to confess i am curious.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Mr_Spinkles said:
What an interesting world we live in where the language with which some people describe a conservative American President is more vitriolic than the language with which they describe Kim Jong Il, Saddam Hussein, the Ayatollah, Osama Bin Laden, or Fidel Castro.
I wouldn't say more vitriolic...more on a par with, really.

skills101

Vicar of Christ
I hope I don't offend anyone, but I think this guy's just an idiot. Sorry, I just don't feel any sympathy. I mean, if it's done as a protest, he's a bit too late. George Bush has been elected, and there's nothing we can do about it now. Killing yourself won't fix a thing.

linwood

Mr_Spinkles said:
None of the tyrants you`ve mentioned have ever threatened my country, my beliefs, my morals, or my rights as seriously as Bush has Spinkles.

He is not "conservative", I am conservative...Bush is something else entirely.

robtex

Veteran Member
skills101 said:
I hope I don't offend anyone, but I think this guy's just an idiot. Sorry, I just don't feel any sympathy. I mean, if it's done as a protest, he's a bit too late. George Bush has been elected, and there's nothing we can do about it now. Killing yourself won't fix a thing.

no note no history of fella published. Motive and reason not fully known. Better chance he was mentally arie and killed himself than he was of sound mind and body and killed himself after the fact.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
skills101 said:
Not offended here...I tend to agree with you. I have an extremely low opinion of people who commit suicide, whatever they might claim the reasons are. It's a very selfish act. What good can you do dead? I hardly think this lad's family are going to be saying "Good job, son - what a great way to protest! We didn't really want you around for the next 60 years anyway..." :sarcastic

retrorich

SUPER NOT-A-MOD
linwood said:
None of the tyrants you`ve mentioned have ever threatened my country, my beliefs, my morals, or my rights as seriously as Bush has Spinkles.

He is not "conservative", I am conservative...Bush is something else entirely.
I agree 100%, linwood! Frubals to you!