• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

666 calculated

BruceDLimber

In fact, the prophecy about 666 refers to a YEAR, specifically the year 661 CE, 666 years after the birth of Christ!

It is in this year that a leader now known as "the Beast" corrupted Islam.

Peace, :)

Bruce

A

angellous_evangellous

Actually, 666 is the receipe for peanut butter.

cris

In fact, the prophecy about 666 refers to a YEAR, specifically the year 661 CE, 666 years after the birth of Christ!

It is in this year that a leader now known as "the Beast" corrupted Islam.

Peace, :)

Bruce

That would be silly given that no one even knows what exact year Jesus was born. The closest we can pinpoint it is to a decade. If even that.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I thought 666 added up to Nero Caesar in Hebrew Gematria.

The Greek spelling is Neron Kaiser (nrwn qsr).

Nun = 50
Resh = 200
Waw = 6
Nun = 50

Qof = 100
Samech = 60
Resh = 200

If you lose the last nun, you have Nrw Qsr [Nero Caesar], which is 616, which is the other possibility in the "Number of the Beast".

Can anyone add to this?

outhouse

Atheistically
anyone else think OP loves to plagerize allot? I dont think has had a valid opinion since he started posting junk links

ellenjanuary

Ain't no. It was based upon an astrological reading in the middle ages, trying to make Leo into the beast. The number was 616. They got it wrong then, they get it wrong now; all that 666 represents is the victory of a successful marketing strategy over intelligence. Happens every day. :D

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
LOL, I meant Caesar, not Kaiser. I didn't notice I wrote Kaiser!

Nrw Qsr makes in Hebrew numerals 616 though, doesn't it? I think.
This is all stuff I've heard, though, so it may be wrong. :)

BruceDLimber

That would be silly given that no one even knows what exact year Jesus was born.

In fact, most Biblical scholars agree Jesus' birth preceded Herod the Great's death in 4-5 BCE.

And using 5 BCE as the birth year happens to make the prophecy fit exactly with that rise of that dynasty in 661 CE, so for the nonce it's a reasonable working assumption--or at least, one with no better alternative!

Peace,

Bruce

Oberon

I thought 666 added up to Nero Caesar in Hebrew Gematria.

The Greek spelling is Neron Kaiser (nrwn qsr).

Nun = 50
Resh = 200
Waw = 6
Nun = 50

Qof = 100
Samech = 60
Resh = 200?
That's not greek. It's hebrew. Which means it's dropping out greek letters.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
Go to the Youtube page and read the description for the calculation before watching the video.

/quote]

He has it absolutely backwards. The name Michael equates to 6. However even this is not the Antichrist because the Antichrist has three names to make up the three numbers 666. However Michael could be his first name.

The Revelation passage is not looking backwards to Jesus but forwards to a nearby future. Howeve that suggest a much earlier writing date than is usually attributed to the book if one considers Nero as the one who set his bust up in the temple to be worshiped (The abomination of desolation similar to Antiochus setting up a pig to be worshipped in the temple) and the dispersion of Jews which occurred in 70 AD.

There are those who say the "shortly come to pass" should be translated "quickly come to pass."

However by the theory of threes there shoud be three destructions of the temple and three instances of carrying Jews off to other lands. Two have already occurred, one is yet to come.

My understanding of Jesus is that his number is 888.

8 + 8 + 8 = 24
2 + 4 = 6

I did some research on Wikipedia and found out it Was Vespasian who destroyed the Temple and his number would be 892.

Last edited:

ellenjanuary

Go to the Youtube page and read the description for the calculation before watching the video.

/quote]

He has it absolutely backwards. The name Michael equates to 6. However even this is not the Antichrist because the Antichrist has three names to make up the three numbers 666. However Michael could be his first name.

The Revelation passage is not looking backwards to Jesus but forwards to a nearby future. Howeve that suggest a much earlier writing date than is usually attributed to the book if one considers Nero as the one who set his bust up in the temple to be worshiped (The abomination of desolation similar to Antiochus setting up a pig to be worshipped in the temple) and the dispersion of Jews which occurred in 70 AD.

There are those who say the "shortly come to pass" should be translated "quickly come to pass."

However by the theory of threes there shoud be three destructions of the temple and three instances of carrying Jews off to other lands. Two have already occurred, one is yet to come.

My understanding of Jesus is that his number is 888.

8 + 8 + 8 = 24
2 + 4 = 6

I did some research on Wikipedia and found out it Was Vespasian who destroyed the Temple and his number would be 892.

7 is the number of completion, 8 is the even number of completion. I'd agree, but I tend to think of even numbers as female... then again, my Gwynnies is female. :D