• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

80s cartoons?

dust1n

Zindīq
LMAO... Rev, have you ever seen Wonder Showzen?

Caused quite a stir.

[youtube]YTdOGsWq9oM[/youtube]

dust1n

Zindīq
Haha, I had to look up all those up. All right before my time, I suppose.

Regarding the M.A.S.K. intro, why would anyone ever need a helicopter to turn into a plane?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Regarding the M.A.S.K. intro, why would anyone ever need a helicopter to turn into a plane?
Planes have greater range, fuel efficiency & top speed.
Of course, a helicopter which morphs into a plane would be even worse at those things.
They should'a just gotten an Osprey, a VTOL plane.
images

Smart_Guy

Premium Member

Wait, I thought you were old enough to know them. I mean, looking at your avatar :D

Ehm... I think a chopper is good for thorough and accurate investigations while the plane is fast with better maneuverability? Nah, they probably just wanted to catch the attention of kids :)

dust1n

Zindīq
Wait, I thought you were old enough to know them. I mean, looking at your avatar :D

Ehm... I think a chopper is good for thorough and accurate investigations while the plane is fast with better maneuverability? Nah, they probably just wanted to catch the attention of kids :)

Nope. Born in '89, so I didn't start watching cartoons until the 90's, which is a whole different beast.

But when American cartoons originated, it was almost entirely a child's viewership, or like a very specific art. However, in Japan, cartoons were just as much for adult audiences, with giant themes in Space Battles. At some in the 80's American producers undoubtedly tried to utilize those techniques (if not rip-offed) for kids shows.

In 2000's, everything changed about cartoons though.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. Western cartoons of the 80's to me now are mainly about nostalgia,being something new to the media, and good music. Anime was indeed special then, but seemed to seriously deviate from my feeling of animated common sense heh.

These days I prefer western toons if it is about the fluidity of action, and anime for seriousness. The former is becoming more serious little by little as recent DC Comics Warner Bros movies present, and the latter keeps getting censored when shown on TV (gotta wait for the official commercial releases for the uncensored versions).

Huey09

He who struggles with God

The better question was asked by robot chicken

"Mask! Do they know, Command doesn't start with a Kaaay?":rolleyes: