• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Christian Question

Ceridwen018

Why does the Vatican have lightening rods?

Please realize that this question is basically metaphorical-- a simple gateway to deeper discussion, if you will.

Runt

The Vatican has lightning rods? What the HECK do they need those for?

*zap* ~ :eek:mg: ~ *zap*

kc8tbe

Seems silly, doesn't it? But seriously, most religions come with a "God(s) will help you if you help your self" clause. Possibly this has some sort of deep meaning. Or possible this is simply because religions without this sort of clause don't survive very long.

Ceridwen018

kc8tbe,

Ah yes, excellent point. 'Thou shalt not test the Lord thy god' and all the rest. It is amazing how well insured some religions are-- they can always find something to buffer a refute from their holy book. Then again, most religions have been around for awhile...perhaps they have survived through trial and error?

PREIST: Oh no, what are we gonna do? All the people want to know why god won't stop the plague! They're saying crazy things like 'maybe there is no god'!
POPE: Aw ****-- I was afraid of this...ok, what to do, what to do...GOT IT! Where's my alpha bible?
(Preist runs and gets the alpha bible)
POPE: Ok now, how about in Acts? Yes, Acts will do, chapter...hmmm...well, chapter 8 is pretty pointless, so why don't we pen a little something in there. Write, "And the Lord shall test the faith of his people by plagues. All who remain loyal unto him shall witness the everlasting glory of god.' How does that sound?
PREIST: Brilliant sir, just brilliant! I'll make the announcement now!