• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Dialogue on God

drsatish

A Dialogue on God.

A. Please explain to me what god is.
B. Everything?

A. No, not everything, just in a nutshell.
B. That is what I said: Everything.
God is Everything. Everything that IS.

If you can "conceptualize" Everything,
you have "conceptualized" God.

A. Easier said than Done!
B. Yes.

A. Don't kid me, Man!
B. No I am NOT kidding. That is it.
...but I warn you.....everything will COME IN THE WAY....of your "conceptualizing" God.

A: Then, how do I Do it?
B: ...well, basically it is...'everything' in Your Head...that will come in the way....
It is 'whatever' that is in your head which is the Obstacle....
You have to let GO of ALL Preconceptions, Prejudices, Faiths, Religions, Knowledge, Certainties, Uncertainties, Logic, Identifications, Identities, Descriptions, Experiences, Memories, Aspirations, Ambitions, Attachments, Everyday Desires, Distractions...

A. Easier said than Done!
B. Yes.

A. Is it THAT difficult?
B. Yes.

A. Can it be Really Done?
B. Yes, quite a few humans have done it.

A. Wait a minute, you said 'humans'.....and you say they 'conceptualized or realized or whatever God and ...they are still humans?

B. If you understand "Everything", you will understand that with no contradiction.
If you 'BECOME' Everything...you will instantly disappear!
Where?
INTO Everything!

After you have "conceptualized" EVERYTHING....
THERE is no Practical Way to EXPRESS it...
as you have to Always use 'something' to express it.....which is, in fact, only a 'Part' of 'Everything' you see that there is NO WAY to express it Perfectly.....other than say it is 'Everything!'

..but when you Start Explaining...it becomes 'distorted', 'allegorical', 'linguistic'....and has to be 'adapted' to 'who' you are explaining it to....and this gets interpreted, written down, becomes voluminous, "changed" by vested interests, anecdotal, events-based, historical, mythological and so on....

but in a nutshell, the Essence is in Resolving 3 Terms with no ambiguity or contradiction.
I <-> Universe <->God

So, if you 'work' on the "I" Statements of the Prophet of your choice, you will get some insights.

A. Thanks. By the way, Who are you?
B. You.

Satish