• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A few questions for Christians

Neutral Name

I am trying to understand why people are Christians and what it means to them to be a Christian. So, I have three questions.

What caused you to become a Christian?

What does being a Christian mean to you?

How do you think Jesus wants you to live?

usfan

1. Met God, read the life and teachings of Jesus,
2. Follow Him
3. Live by the Spirit

What is is not:
Rules to live by
Institutions
Memorized dogma

PruePhillip

I am trying to understand why people are Christians and what it means to them to be a Christian. So, I have three questions.

You can have various answers, but I will give you the one I believe you are supposed to give.

Q - What caused you to become a Christian?
A - You need to consider your own human condition and the fact you will die.

Q - What does being a Christian mean to you?
A - Having a relationship with God based upon Christ's redemption.

Q - How do you think Jesus wants you to live?
A - As He lived.

Cooky

Veteran Member

I was born Christian, and was baptized as a baby. I think Jesus wants me to live believing in Him, knowing I will live forever, regardless of how I act (Beleif will ensure I don't get too nasty, and we're all capable of the same except I believe and others don't).

Last edited by a moderator:

pearl

I was born Christian, and was baptized as a baby. I think Jesus wants me to live believing in Him, knowing I will live forever, regardless of how I act.

I don't think one can be 'born' a Christian, one becomes Christian through baptism.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Do you ever question it?

I have had doubts, yes. But then something happens, like last night, where I was thinking about something competely random, and my wife thought the exact same thought earlier in the day... This happens all the time to us, because, I think, we're one flesh through the sacrament of marriage. Then I'm reminded of how there is something supernatural going on with life.

Are you married? Maybe you have had similar experiences.

Being Christian is like being married to God.

stvdv

Veteran Member

Jesus is Great. I knew this at young age. He proved to me a few years ago. Christians tell me that I am not a Christian, but I think Jesus is Great. He appeared to me, so He thinks different than those Christians

Hurt Never, Help Ever

Be Happy

LightofTruth

No one could be a Christian who is antiChrist. The mass majority of sectarian members deny that Jesus came in the same sinful flesh that all man has. That is a doctrine of antiChrist. It robs Jesus of his glory in overcoming the world and it's lusts.

Neutral Name

I have had doubts, yes. But then something happens, like last night, where I was thinking about something competely random, and my wife thought the exact same thought earlier in the day... This happens all the time to us, because, I think, we're one flesh through the sacrament of marriage. Then I'm reminded of how there is something supernatural going on with life.

Are you married? Maybe you have had similar experiences.

Being Christian is like being married to God.

I've been divorced twice and doubt that I will ever remarry but I do have many interesting coincidences often. God is in my life.