• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A friend of mine...

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
A friend of mine (a girlfriend, actually) is looking into Taoism as best she can. There aren't many resources available for her, so she's very limited in how deep her research can go. Any suggestions as to where I could point her?

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
It's personal. She would like to become a Taoist, after she reads more about it.

Thanks for the links so far, guys!

munchkin

hi,

this is an excellent site, that i went to when i first discovered Taoism, exploeing all the stories and looing at things in a different way is a great introduction to the Tao.

www.taoism.net

i also recomend looing at the Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff, it is a n amazing intriduction to the Tao with all the charecter of Pooh bears world, and enjoyment of its self, whether one is a Taoists or not.

A look intothe Tao of Pooh

beccax

Doktormartini

小虎
Although you may not think so, books like Taoism for Dummies and The Complete Idiots Guide to Taoism are actually quite good! You should consider checking those out!

Scarlett Wampus

psychonaut
I'm sure they are Doktormartini. Since Taoism encourages simplifying & paring away of social/mental conditioning to reveal what was never lost the titles of those books sound very appropriate :)

Mr. Hair

Renegade Cavalcade
I wish your friend the best of luck on her search Druidus. :)

****.com is a huge Taoist resource site, and will hopefully be of some use. (I would show the link but I can't until I have 15 posts. Fudgecakes! I'll PM it to you instead...)

The only suggestion I have (I certainly can't advise or instruct anyone) is if she can to read as many different translations of ancient Taoist works as possible. Given the suggestive and archaic nature of the language they're written in, many translations factor in the author's personal interpretations. (Which isn't bad, but different versions often have slightly different meanings)

Incidentally, the Tao of Pooh is a stonkingly good read. :D

EDIT* I'm at 15, so here goes... http://www.nauticom.net/www/asti/asti.htm