• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Gnovice

Hi everybody,

My name is Sean. I'm an introverted iconoclast, so don't be scared. I'm not into breaking priceless works of art or bashing the worldviews of others. In fact, I consider understanding other worldviews essential to my inner iconoclasm. Nonetheless, I do try to meet the intolerant where they're at. I consider myself a Gnovice, meaning I'm interested in accepting gnosis, but have not, as of yet. I love to read and discuss, particularly philosophy and religion. I'm usually in the middle of about five books, but I'm trying to focus primarily on Richard Smoley's Inner Christianity at the moment. I'm about a third of the way through it and am finding it quite helpful. I look forward to engaging as many different views as I can, though most of my posts will probably be in the gnostic forum. In any case, since Gnosticism itself seems quite eclectic, I'm sure I'll be wandering elsewhere from time to time.

Somkid

Welcome Sean, I know where you're comming from I'm a bit of an "introverted iconoclast" as well or perhaps I just like people to go away and leave me alone.

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
smiley_000108402_1.png

blackout

Violet.
Hey there Sean!

Smashing Taboos (my thing)
and Tearing down Icons! (yours)

Methinks we're gunna get along just fine!

Welcome to RF
~UltraViolet~

PureX

Veteran Member
Hi everybody,

My name is Sean. I'm an introverted iconoclast, so don't be scared. I'm not into breaking priceless works of art or bashing the worldviews of others. In fact, I consider understanding other worldviews essential to my inner iconoclasm. Nonetheless, I do try to meet the intolerant where they're at. I consider myself a Gnovice, meaning I'm interested in accepting gnosis, but have not, as of yet. I love to read and discuss, particularly philosophy and religion. I'm usually in the middle of about five books, but I'm trying to focus primarily on Richard Smoley's Inner Christianity at the moment. I'm about a third of the way through it and am finding it quite helpful. I look forward to engaging as many different views as I can, though most of my posts will probably be in the gnostic forum. In any case, since Gnosticism itself seems quite eclectic, I'm sure I'll be wandering elsewhere from time to time.
Hi Sean, welcome.

Just as a side note, I don't know if we get to title ourselves 'iconoclasts'. I think that's a designation that our culture must choose to bestow on us, or not.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Tashe delek and welcome to the forums, Sean! :)

Feel free to explore and/or jump right in to any discussions and debates that are going on right now. To familiarize yourself with the rules and regulations, here they are for you to read at your disposal: http://www.religiousforums.com/forum...q_new_faq_item

If you have any questions regarding the policies here, please don't hesitate to ask me or any other staff member. We're here to help.

Enjoy your stay at RF. Happy posting!

Peace,
Mystic

Thanks for the welcome everybody.

Hi Sean, welcome.

Just as a side note, I don't know if we get to title ourselves 'iconoclasts'. I think that's a designation that our culture must choose to bestow on us, or not.

You're right PureX, I only started identifying as such after a few others called me an iconoclast in regards to challenging conventional wisdom, not smashing things.

blackout

Violet.
Thanks for the welcome everybody.

You're right PureX, I only started identifying as such after a few others called me an iconoclast in regards to challenging conventional wisdom, not smashing things.

Well! That's simply Smashing then! Isn't it!;) :D

Just havin' a bit of fun with you.
(they don't call me the forum tease for nuthin!:flirt:):eek: