• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A human finger has been returned to its owner.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The finger was found in a driveway, but there was no blood or signs of where it came from. They thought that it may have been transported by a bird or other animal.

The man who lost a finger called up the local officials when he saw the news story and identified himself and admitted that he had been setting off fireworks. That only goes to show that the fireworks in my state are relatively inexpensive. They will not cost you an arm and a leg. Just a few fingers at the most.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
The finger was found in a driveway, but there was no blood or signs of where it came from. They thought that it may have been transported by a bird or other animal.

The man who lost a finger called up the local officials when he saw the news story and identified himself and admitted that he had been setting off fireworks. That only goes to show that the fireworks in my state are relatively inexpensive. They will not cost you an arm and a leg. Just a few fingers at the most.
I bet 1) he's pissed, and 2) they can't reattach the finger.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
It's been days and at least many hours since the finger went missing. I doubt it can be reattached. TRUE STORY TIME:

OK, so one time I was driving behind this truck and it was going faster and faster. It went over some RR tracks and a cooler flew off the back of it and onto the road, so I immediately jumped out of my vehicle and opened the cooler, and INSIDE OF IT WAS A HUMAN BIG TOE ON ICE. I kid you not. So what did I do? I called a Big Toe Truck.

It's a joke, y'all. This did not happen to me or anyone else I know of.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal

What I want to know is if he only found out about it when he saw the news or knew before the news. I would seek medical attention myself. Might would look for my finger, too. They could have potentially reattached it maybe.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

That explains what happened to Buddha.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I bet 1) he's pissed, and 2) they can't reattach the finger.
Hmm, let's see. Fireworks are almost always set off on the 4th. Locally so many people are doing it that even though it is "illegal" in many areas people are told not to call 911 for that offense. The finger was found the next day on the fifth. The story was originally published two days ago, so let's say he picked it up on the 15th. Yeah, he would be best off pickling it and keeping it as a souvenir.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What I want to know is if he only found out about it when he saw the news or knew before the news. I would seek medical attention myself. Might would look for my finger, too. They could have potentially reattached it maybe.
I wonder how long a finger can be lost and then reattached. Hours at the most I would think. It sounds as it was blown off and an animal of some sort transported it since there probably was a lot of blood at the scene of the event and there was none where the finger was found. The man probably lost his finger and his first thought would be to control the bleeding. If the finger went flying they may not have been able to find it.

Oh well, lesson learned. I am tempted every year to go up to the Res and buy some illegal fireworks, but I never have.

Massimo2002

Can fingers be reattached ?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

In the news....
When he told his wife that he lost his finger to fireworks, she asked:
"OMG! Was it your whole finger?
He responded:
"No, it was the other one."

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
Hmm, let's see. Fireworks are almost always set off on the 4th. Locally so many people are doing it that even though it is "illegal" in many areas people are told not to call 911 for that offense. The finger was found the next day on the fifth. The story was originally published two days ago, so let's say he picked it up on the 15th. Yeah, he would be best off pickling it and keeping it as a souvenir.
He can pull pranks with it

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
In the news....
When he told his wife that he lost his finger to fireworks, she asked:
"OMG! Was it your whole finger?
He responded:
"No, it was the other one."
Geez. How many fingers has this man lost? This is why we need fireworks control!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

So, they gave him the finger?