• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A lot Of People Talk About Needing Evidence To Believe There’s A God

Andrew Stephen

Stephen Andrew
Premium Member
Peace to all,

To me and logic, what manifests immortality and glorified transfigured beings is the intelligence of creation, the intelligence that never fails as infallible certainty.

What becomes of the created being is the image of the creator, God for the father.

Peace always,
Stephen Andrew

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I agree but the Scientism types accept only input from the physical senses and instruments. To me that is an impoverishing approach given the mysteries (paranormal) that do occur in this world. I have come to believe that psychic sensing can detect things the physical senses and instruments cannot. Science only explores the physical plane at this time, but I have come to believe there is more to reality than that.

Yeah, but how do you get them to experience the paranormal? And the determined skeptic will try to find another interpretation of the event.

In my opinion and experience, one of the most successful ways to convince a skeptic that there is an afterlife and that the paranormal is real is to have them participate in a legitimate paranormal investigation of a notoriously haunted location (such as the 1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa). Their transition from skeptic to believer is often sealed by their inability to rationally explain and debunk any poltergeist activity that they've witnessed firsthand, especially if the activity is something that they visually saw and audibly heard, as well as accurately documented by authenticated pictures, videos, EVP recordings, spirit box sessions (using The Estes Method), and other ghost-hunting equipment (like the Laser Grid with multiple sensors, like this one; I own one).

The other most effective way I've found to convince a skeptic that the paranormal is real is for them to receive a reading in person from a genuine spirit medium that they can't rationally refute, leaving them so stumped that their curiosity about what they witnessed takes over and they begin to genuinely research and investigate the paranormal. I've given readings to many people who didn't believe in the paranormal, and none of them remained skeptical of the paranormal after I revealed specific private information that was only known between them and their deceased loved one(s), such as exact dates of key events in their lives, memorable family vacations, certain places that they visited or traveled to outside of the country, specific childhood memories that they have, and the first and surnames of their living or deceased relatives. I've never met these people before talking to them, nor have I seen them since. It is an extraordinary experience for everyone involved. Finally, in my previous post, I further explained how I live with my abilities: What is Evidence?

Last edited:

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I believe in it beyond reasonable from the quantity, quality and consistency of anecdotal cases. And there are even controlled experimental reasons.

I've always told skeptics that they can decide for themselves whether to believe me or not. If there are skeptics investigating a haunted location with me and they try to argue with me about any potential evidence, then I simply inform them that they witnessed the same evidence as everyone else who is participating in the investigation, and they can decide for themselves whether to accept the evidence and believe it is real or not. I let the chips fall where they may. I don't give them the chance to start arguing with me or draw me into a heated debate about whether the paranormal is real or not. I let them use my equipment and analyze the data for themselves. I invite them to analyze any documented data they want to scrutinize to their heart's content. If they ask me, "What is this?" such as in a digital picture or in an SLS or thermal image, then I'll say, "You tell me what you think it is." If they ask what I heard on an EVP, I'll say to them, "Tell me what you heard first, and then I'll tell you what I heard." It is important to me that I don't influence them in any way. I make it a point not to influence any skeptics into believing in the paranormal. If they're going to believe, then I want their belief to be genuine and based on a conclusion that they came to on their own without any interference from me. In all of my years of experience investigating the paranormal, I've come to strongly believe that seeing is believing. I've seen it happen time and time again with skeptics who were once adamant that the paranormal wasn't real.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I've always told skeptics that they can decide for themselves whether to believe me or not. If there are skeptics investigating a haunted location with me and they try to argue with me about any potential evidence, then I simply inform them that they witnessed the same evidence as everyone else who is participating in the investigation, and they can decide for themselves whether to accept the evidence and believe it is real or not. I let the chips fall where they may. I don't give them the chance to start arguing with me or draw me into a heated debate about whether the paranormal is real or not. I let them use my equipment and analyze the data for themselves. I invite them to analyze any documented data they want to scrutinize to their heart's content. If they ask me, "What is this?" such as in a digital picture or in an SLS or thermal image, then I'll say, "You tell me what you think it is." If they ask what I heard on an EVP, I'll say to them, "Tell me what you heard first, and then I'll tell you what I heard." It is important to me that I don't influence them in any way. I make it a point not to influence any skeptics into believing in the paranormal. If they're going to believe, then I want their belief to be genuine and based on a conclusion that they came to on their own without any interference from me. In all of my years of experience investigating the paranormal, I've come to strongly believe that seeing is believing. I've seen it happen time and time again with skeptics who were once adamant that the paranormal wasn't real.
The thought that just occurred to me is that maybe we spend too much energy arguing with skeptics.

We get ourselves in the pattern of arguing the same things with the same group of skeptics here. Maybe we should spend more energy on developing our understanding and helping ourselves and others enjoy more higher spiritually

Andrew Stephen

Stephen Andrew
Premium Member
Peace to all,

We are created from the spirit in logic and the spirit choice manifests from the spirit through the flesh for the soul of the being in the body.

Peace always,
Stephen

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
The thought that just occurred to me is that maybe we spend too much energy arguing with skeptics.

We get ourselves in the pattern of arguing the same things with the same group of skeptics here. Maybe we should spend more energy on developing our understanding and helping ourselves and others enjoy more higher spiritually

I've long since resolved not to argue and debate with them about my personal experiences with paranormal phenomena. This is because I have 45 years of firsthand experience with it; therefore, other people's skepticism doesn't invalidate my experiences. It doesn't change my belief in the paranormal. So, I'm not interested in convincing any skeptics that paranormal phenomena are real, nor do I believe it is my responsibility to convince them that what I've experienced is real. I never argue or debate with them about my personal encounters with earthbound spirits or anything else considered paranormal. I don't feel compelled to have them validate my own beliefs, whether spiritual or what I consider to be paranormal. I'm not interested in convincing them.

Alien826

No religious beliefs

I'd like to argue with you about that. :)

I think we (all of us) spend too much time arguing about the same old stuff. I'd personally welcome a journey into something that I haven't examined fully before.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
There are such paranormal events that cannot be explained by current science. That's almost the definition of paranormal.

That would be the gold standard, but prior to knowing the detailed operation one can accept that something unknown to science is occurring. To brush aside that something is occurring because we don't understand it yet is an impoverishing approach. It then becomes time to consider what those claiming clairvoyant insight have to tell us about the phenomena. That's where I am at, considering the teachings of the Hindu and Theosophical masters.

As we learn more about how the mind works there becomes less room for the paranormal.

The mechanisms of the paranormal have to be tested and tested against. Otherwise people will accept any explanation as long as it feels right. The truth can't be determined by feelings.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
As we learn more about how the mind works there becomes less room for the paranormal.

The mechanisms of the paranormal have to be tested and tested against. Otherwise people will accept any explanation as long as it feels right. The truth can't be determined by feelings.

As I see it, the more one studies the various types of paranormal phenomena the more you realize science will need revolutionary new understandings to explain things.

Not being a follower of scientism, I will also look to other traditions like Vedic and Theosophical for possible explanations.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
As I see it, the more one studies the various types of paranormal phenomena the more you realize science will need revolutionary new understandings to explain things.

Not being a follower of scientism, I will also look to other traditions like Vedic and Theosophical for possible explanations.

OK, but what is the supporting mechanism for these explanations? In science the explanation needs to be self-evident. Otherwise with Vedic and Theosophical explanations you run into their version of scientism.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
A lot Of People Talk About Needing Evidence To Believe There’s A God

G-d is Evident and Evident never needs any proof, please, right?:
57:4
ہُوَ الۡاَوَّلُ وَالۡاٰخِرُ وَالظَّاہِرُ وَالۡبَاطِنُ ۚ وَہُوَ بِکُلِّ شَیۡءٍ عَلِیۡمٌ ﴿۴
English - Maulawi Sher Ali
He is the First and the Last, and the Manifest* and the Hidden, and He knows all things full well.

*Evident
Right?

Regards

Last edited: