• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A New Color Sketch of a Friend

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
EDIT: Some people weren't able to see the image I linked to, so I've changed the image to an attachment, rather than a link. I hope that helps.

12x16 acrylic on canvas panel.

Attachments

• Harriet November 2013 Sized.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Does anyone have any tips for painting with acrylics? I've only been at it for a year now.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I really like the way you paint eyes and brows, Phil. This particular background is great. I love orange and reds.

I think you did a particularly great job on the chin as well. I imagine that might be difficult. I can't paint of course, so I wouldn't know. :)

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It has happened before. Apparently some firewalls block images in RF posts.

Seyorni, try downloading it through this link.

And btw, it is a beautiful painting. Congratulations, Sunstone.
%&^#!)@$!
That link won't open either. Could adblock plus be responsible?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
%&^#!)@$!
That link won't open either. Could adblock plus be responsible?

Sight unseen, that is certainly conceivable.

I have included it here in this post as an attachment, see if that helps.

Attachments

• user499_pic4838_1385044708.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 121

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
You are welcome.

You know, it is actually weird to see someone speak Portuguese with me here in the forums.

Were there some kind of test to see whether one has switched his native language, I would consider taking it. :)

(So I take it that you - and Me Myself) can in fact see the attachment properly? It looks just like the original file here in my computer).

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
This particular background is great. I love orange and reds.

Thanks! I kind of stumbled into that particular background. It wasn't entirely planned, but it turned out rather better than I expected.

I think you did a particularly great job on the chin as well. I imagine that might be difficult. I can't paint of course, so I wouldn't know. :)

The chin on this painting is made somewhat difficult by the poor quality of the reference photo -- that is, the photograph I was using as a reference when painting. From the reference photo, it was hard to get a clear idea of the shape of her eyes and of the shading on her chin, and one or two other things.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Love it!

The view where she's looking away from the picture is a neat way of doing it.

Thanks! That look is what drew me to using the particular reference photo I used, even though it wasn't the best photo around. I think the choice was a good one.