• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Nice Picture of Islam

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
From (I sware, not even pulling your leg) The LA Times .

But to look at angry Islam's reaction on television each night forces the question of what might be possible if all the lost energy of thousands of rioting Muslims went into the villages of Aceh to rebuild lost homes or into Kashmir to construct schools.

In fact, the most glaring truth is that Islam's mobsters fear the West has it right: that we have perfected the very system Islam's holy scriptures urged them to learn and practice. And having failed in their mission to lead their masses, they seek any excuse to demonize those of us in the West and to try to bring us down. They know they are losing the ideological struggle for hearts and minds, for life in all its different dimensions, and so they prepare themselves, and us, for Armageddon by starting fires everywhere in a display of Islamic unity intended to galvanize the masses they cannot feed, clothe, educate or house.

This is not Islam. And the faster its truest believers stand up and demonstrate its values and principles by actions, not words, the sooner a great religion will return to its rightful role as guide for nearly a quarter of humanity.

Read the whole article - I thought it was very well written.

Popeyesays

Darkdale said:
From (I sware, not even pulling your leg) The LA Times .

Read the whole article - I thought it was very well written.
Very good article! It points out that most of the violence is being prompted and encouraged by the clergy that SHOULD be watching out for the best interests of their congregants rather than manipulating their actions to provide more influence for themselves.

Regards,
Scott

MdmSzdWhtGuy

Outstanding article DD. If there was ever a need for a religion to have a reformation and its moderates to be given a larger voice, that religion is Islam, and that time is now. As long as Muslim Doctor's who mend broken children are ignored and bloodthirsty terrorists like bin Laden are held in high esteem, we as a planet are doomed to a sad, and bloody future.

B.

maggie2

I think this article holds a lot of weight because it is written by a Muslim and not someone of another religion. It's a step in the right direction.

Nehustan

In fact, the most glaring truth is that Islam's mobsters fear the West has it right: that we have perfected the very system Islam's holy scriptures urged them to learn and practice. And having failed in their mission to lead their masses, they seek any excuse to demonize those of us in the West and to try to bring us down. They know they are losing the ideological struggle for hearts and minds, for life in all its different dimensions, and so they prepare themselves, and us, for Armageddon by starting fires everywhere in a display of Islamic unity intended to galvanize the masses they cannot feed, clothe, educate or house.
Glad to see you all agree, :clap and in relation to this thread I'll be expecting you all to be at Friday prayers :bow: now you know....or at least keeping to your dhimmi status. :D

Judgement Day

Good article! Hope you all now understand what Islam is trying to face. And to be able to distinguish between the true Islam and the image that has been deceiving a lot of people. This is an obligation and blessing for all who hear of Islam to investigate it and evaluate it.

Ody

maggie2 said:
I think this article holds a lot of weight because it is written by a Muslim and not someone of another religion. It's a step in the right direction.
Agreed! :bounce

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Judgement Day said:
Good article! Hope you all now understand what Islam is trying to face. And to be able to distinguish between the true Islam and the image that has been deceiving a lot of people. This is an obligation and blessing for all who hear of Islam to investigate it and evaluate it.

One of the things that I have always believed, since I was a little kid, was that bad things happened because good people didn't stop them. For that reason, I place a great deal of value on honor. This article was written by an honorable and rational Muslim. He has put out a call for action and reformation (not dogmatically, but culturally). What Muslims need to understand is that this is what non-Muslims need TO SEE. We need to see honorable and rational Muslims standing up for the moral principles of their religion, and against the immoral violence of extremists. This is also what we haven't seen and it isn't because of a lack of media attention. The Media follows a good story, and Muslims speaking out against extremism and doing something about it is a great story.

I think the problem is, that many moderate, peaceful Muslims think that the West, that the secularists, and the Christians, want the Muslims to become just like them, and that THAT is what the world wants to see. But this simply isn't true. All we want the Muslims to share with us are the values of civility, freedom, and mutual respect. That's it. That's all we want.