• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Perfect Circle Thread!

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
I've noticed that many people on these forums enjoy the music of Tool and APC, so i thought I should make a thread about it. I know it has absolutley nothing to do with religion... but oh well! The mods can delete it if they so desire.
What is your favorite APC album/song, and why?

robtex

Veteran Member
Great thread. To make it somewhat about religion..Tool if you didn't know is a band of atheists. I cant post their site on here because of the lyrics but they have long been advocates of atheism.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Truthfully, I don't listen to APC much anymore but I love the song Blue from Thirteenth Step.

It moves me...

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
robtex said:
Great thread. To make it somewhat about religion..Tool if you didn't know is a band of atheists. I cant post their site on here because of the lyrics but they have long been advocates of atheism.
I didn't know that! Thanks for telling me though. Does anyone know if APC is an advocate for any religion? (I'd like to think Gnostics because of their songs Magdelena, Thomas, Judith... and the like... but i think its all wishful thinking)

ChrisP

Veteran Member
gnosis_777 said:
I didn't know that! Thanks for telling me though. Does anyone know if APC is an advocate for any religion? (I'd like to think Gnostics because of their songs Magdelena, Thomas, Judith... and the like... but i think its all wishful thinking)
I think they're also Atheists. The dude who does all the singing is the child of a minister from Ohio (I think) that's where all that stuff comes from.

Fav. Tracks: 3 Libras, Vanishing.

Ulver

Might want to move this thread to the new Music section.

Maynard (lead singer of Tool & APC) I'm pretty sure is not an athiest. He's expressed a lot of distaste and anger at Christianity and many religions, yet I've never seen or read anything on him (as well as the other band memebers) that suggests anything about having atheist beliefs.

Based on the lyrics and images of the last two Tool albums, as well as their work with Alex Grey, I think most of the members of Tool have some Gnostic like tendencies in their spiritual beliefs. A lot of stuff about Spiritual evolution and development of the mind.

np: Dimmu Borgir- Under Korpens Vinger

Fluffy

A fool
All of it, everything. Its a pity they aren't that big in England :(.

Haven't yet got into Tool... thanks for the tip.