• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A possible visit to India next year

Kalidas

So an Indian friend of mine on Facebook invited me to come visit India. I said I may be able to next summer (next year). He lives in the northern parts of India and knows I am a hindu so has a lot of places he wants me to see. He even offered to show me around since I would probably get lost. Apparently they treat guests VERY VERY nice there, like God is what he said. Now I'm like super excited.

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Vanakkam,

You know where exactly you will be ? :D That's great news ! And yeah, I confirm that as a guest in a family you are very very well welcomed. Like, you're a part of the family. That's really awesome, and indian people are wonderful people.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
So an Indian friend of mine on Facebook invited me to come visit India. I said I may be able to next summer (next year). He lives in the northern parts of India and knows I am a hindu so has a lot of places he wants me to see. He even offered to show me around since I would probably get lost. Apparently they treat guests VERY VERY nice there, like God is what he said. Now I'm like super excited.

Best wishes in seeing Mother. If indeed you do get going, and want to find out more on the travel side, I'd recommend the travel site Indiamike. It's a forum like this one.

My brother, you can visit the following address on web to know various Maa Kali temples in india :

ambika.in/Kali_maa_temples.htm

Truly there is in this world nothing so purifying as knowledge.- (Bhagvad Gita [4.38])

Viraja

Jaya Jagannatha!
Chandigarh - isn't that close to Punjab?! Maybe you can visit Amritsar and see the famous Golden Temple in Punjab.

Kalidas

wow good responses everyone thank you. Yeah I even asked my Fiance (I should just start calling her my wife she will be in 3 1/2 months) and she said that yeah wants to go that she has always wanted to travel.

Kalidas

Best wishes in seeing Mother. If indeed you do get going, and want to find out more on the travel side, I'd recommend the travel site Indiamike. It's a forum like this one.

THANK YOU! Yeah I really hope we can do this. I'll have to save money...that's the hard part lol. Plane tickets cost money lol

Kalidas

My brother, you can visit the following address on web to know various Maa Kali temples in india :

ambika.in/Kali_maa_temples.htm

Truly there is in this world nothing so purifying as knowledge.- (Bhagvad Gita [4.38])

That's amazing thank you so much!'

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
THANK YOU! Yeah I really hope we can do this. I'll have to save money...that's the hard part lol. Plane tickets cost money lol

In my experience, which isn't much (two relatively short trips) and unless you have a pitbull of a stomach, it will cost you more than you think, because in order to avoid health problems, you may well NEED to stay in more expensive hotels. Those kinds of hotels are only found in larger centers. From Canada we got return tickets for around $1500 and budgeted $100 a day for India. You can do it on much much less, but for the first trip, I really wouldn't recommend it. Really depends on itinerary and duration.

Kalidas

In my experience, which isn't much (two relatively short trips) and unless you have a pitbull of a stomach, it will cost you more than you think, because in order to avoid health problems, you may well NEED to stay in more expensive hotels. Those kinds of hotels are only found in larger centers. From Canada we got return tickets for around $1500 and budgeted $100 a day for India. You can do it on much much less, but for the first trip, I really wouldn't recommend it. Really depends on itinerary and duration.

Okay I see. Yeah I got a whole year, hopefully.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Okay I see. Yeah I got a whole year, hopefully.

In the 60s many truth seekers did the overland route from Europe ... Turkey, Afghanistan, Pakistan, etc. I have friends who did that. But these days ....? Well, you'd be a bit bonkers to attempt it.

Kalidas

In the 60s many truth seekers did the overland route from Europe ... Turkey, Afghanistan, Pakistan, etc. I have friends who did that. But these days ....? Well, you'd be a bit bonkers to attempt it.

that does sound crazy. So how much money do you think would be a good amount to save up?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
that does sound crazy. So how much money do you think would be a good amount to save up?

I was 54 when I first went, BTW, so there is no hurry. Like the old motto, half as much clothes and twice as much money. The last time I went was cheaper because we had so many friends helping us, (One friend leant me his brother's driver and car) and they live on India money. So if you're daring, you can get hotels for like $7 a night, but expect conditions you aren't used to at all. Travelling can get expensive. If Boss decides she wants to go again, I'd budget 6 or 7 grand for the two of us for three weeks to a month. That would be my time limit unless I was hosted by friends completely. Trust me, the Indian water can make you very very sick.

Kalidas

I was 54 when I first went, BTW, so there is no hurry. Like the old motto, half as much clothes and twice as much money. The last time I went was cheaper because we had so many friends helping us, (One friend leant me his brother's driver and car) and they live on India money. So if you're daring, you can get hotels for like $7 a night, but expect conditions you aren't used to at all. Travelling can get expensive. If Boss decides she wants to go again, I'd budget 6 or 7 grand for the two of us for three weeks to a month. That would be my time limit unless I was hosted by friends completely. Trust me, the Indian water can make you very very sick.

well if we can't make it. It's fine. I would love to be able to though since it would be after my community college graduation a nice little "good job you mad it!" (which is nothing short of a miracle TRUST ME). So say I only wanted to be there for like 4 or 5 days (I would have to get back to work.) would say 1000 or maybe 1500$ cover it good?

Fireside_Hindu

Jai Lakshmi Maa
How exciting!!! :D

India is on my list. I'm hoping to go in the next 2 or 3 years, but we'll see. You'll have an amazing time!

:camp:

Kalidas

So from the research I'm doing you can eat very nicely there all day,pay for travel, and tourist spots with about 20$ a day. So I was thinking 100$ a day 50$ for each my wife and myself. Should be plenty for a fairly mice hotel and other things. So for 5 days 1 day each before for plane flights in and out would be about 500$ anyone else gone to India can verify that this sounds reasonable?