• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Religious Mandate?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Did the victory of Republicans in the recent elections give Republicans a mandate to impose a Christian lifestyle on America?

Pah

Uber all member
Sunstone said:
Did the victory of Republicans in the recent elections give Republicans a mandate to impose a Christian lifestyle on America?
They seem to think so!

Bob

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I think I'm only just now letting the shock of the election results set in... (Picture any "Simpsons" episode where Homer screams. And screams again. And again. And Again.) It doesn't help that I just learned my least favorite aunt worked on Bush's campaign in Ohio.

I think I'll go with the majority of this thread so far. "No, but that doesn't mean they aren't choosing to see it that way."

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I'm not sure I see a mandate in a few percentage points.
Anyway, I'm sure the Republicans realize that they have two years till the next election so they can't go crazy.

wa:do

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Reminds me of a somewhat lame but amusing joke about getting people to stop saying 'mandate'... "So you have a MANdate, eh?"