• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Republican Presidential candidate that's willing to lie to prove his point.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I'll grant Huckabee is one of the leading liars in politics today, but I don't know of any politicians that don't indulge to some extent in lying. It's more a matter of degree than anything else.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
I'll grant Huckabee is one of the leading liars in politics today, but I don't know of any politicians that don't indulge to some extent in lying. It's more a matter of degree than anything else.

You've got that right!! But this did strike me as lying to a pretty big degree.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Why does he still get air time? Why has he not been smote from this world by the fiery fist of an angry god?

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
I guess God may actually be conservative when it comes to using violence.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Lying to demean a person is one manifestation of "bearing false witness", so for a man of the cloth to do such a thing... :(

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
It just proves that religious people have guilty consciences. Obama didn't even mention the crusades.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I expect politicians to lie in the sense of false advertising. They promise what they know they can't deliver. And they often lie about what they've done as we've seen over and over - the lying criminal is nothing new. There are many instances of both Republicans and Democrats here.

But every so often, one goes way beyond this to deliberately lie in situations where the lie will be spotted by those paying attention. Huckabee in this case is no different than the Republican party reaction in general which either so hates President Obama that they can't listen to what he's said and/or deliberately lying to stoke the fury of their base.

It's like there's no place for anyone who is not consumed by fear and hatred.