• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A second civil war?

I think America is now a corrupt empire. Imagine if the American people rise up and said no more? Imagine if the American people became more enlightened and more caring? This war wouldn't be Democrat vs Republican it would be freedom vs tyranny. What would such a war be like?

American Youth in the 21st Century: Pathologized, Criminalized and Disposable | Alternet

First woman arrested under Tennessee law that criminalizes pregnancy outcomes - Salon.com

On one side we have:
non conformists
A substantial portion of the U.S. Military
people who value human rights
An armed American population

And the corrupt federal empire on the other:
Department of Homeland Security
FBI
CIA
foreign mercenaries
American private military contractors
Corporations
The private prison industry
Loyalist faction of the U.S. Military
Police departments known for police brutality

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Instead of spending money on useless wars, the Us government could use it to create a free healthcare system, without insurance.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Oh yeah, a bunch of anarchistic morons rampaging across America. Yep, that would work.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Freedom vs tyranny? I don't think the sides are anywhere nearly that well defined, at least along those lines.

More like alienation vs different forms of alienation, IMO.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
What would such a war be like?

Well, there'd be countless deaths, and the economy would be completely stuffed, so the survivors could look forwards to lack of jobs, and general hunger/homelessness.

On the positive, they'd all be battle tested veterans by that stage, so they could each carve out their own piece of the remnants, and form a series of small fiefdoms.

I would estimate that the lack of food, material wealth, and stable government, combined with general PTSD through much of the population would probably NOT lead to the sort of enlightenment and caring that you're envisaging.

:shrug:

Might be wrong, of course. I could try and look for historical examples of mass anarchy leading to periods of caring and enlightenment?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh yeah, a bunch of anarchistic morons rampaging across America. Yep, that would work.
Aye, if these 'rebels' who keep re-electing the same politicians from the Big Two year
after year cannot bring themselves to vote 3rd party, then the last thing we want
them doing is rising up in armed revolt to deliver us unto who knows what kind of hell.

Imagine a world run by people who get their news from Salon, Alternet & Fox....ewww!

Wirey

Fartist
People all over the planet risk their lives to get to America, but tearing it down will make things better? Next.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
People all over the planet risk their lives to get to America, but tearing it down will make things better? Next.
It's all in how you tear it down.
Once me loonies & me get voted into office....watch out!

BSM1

What? Me worry?
[
quote=lewisnotmiller;3919856]Well, there'd be countless deaths, and the economy would be completely stuffed, so the survivors could look forwards to lack of jobs, and general hunger/homelessness.

On the positive, they'd all be battle tested veterans by that stage, so they could each carve out their own piece of the remnants, and form a series of small fiefdoms.

I would estimate that the lack of food, material wealth, and stable government, combined with general PTSD through much of the population would probably NOT lead to the sort of enlightenment and caring that you're envisaging.

:shrug:

Might be wrong, of course. I could try and look for historical examples of mass anarchy leading to periods of caring and enlightenment?
[/QUOTE]

An even more frightening scenario would be foreign powers siding with one side or the other. This would allow, say, China or Russia to gain a foothold or even control a major portion of the country.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
An even more frightening scenario would be foreign powers siding with one side or the other. This would allow, say, China or Russia to gain a foothold or even control a major portion of the country.

Yeah. I suspect I was painting a 'Best-case scenario'.