• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A thread for predictions and speculation on the future

Half/WayHouse

Created by the Universe
What do you think about the future? Will we conquer our solar system and beyond? Will we be pegged back a notch or two by natures own hand? What technology do you think is inevitable or even a slight possibility? What ideas do you have for technology in entertainment? How will life evolve on this planet, especially Humans and will we mature with respect to religion?

An open thread for predictions.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Well as long as human beings exist, the future will be beneficial in spite of our shortcomings as a species. I think it's feasible that eventually we will be able to traverse the planets, and even utilise it's resources. Nature will always throw curve balls, so sure there will be setbacks as there had been in the past. Namely when we venture further out into space, there of course will be new challenges to contend with.

One of our most inevitable technologies will involve advancements by way of computer science, where we will expand out horizions notably further in many areas.

I doubt I will be alive, but I would guess there wil be an introduction to true interactive holographic entertainment by way of movies and games. Not quite like the holodecks portrayed in Star Trek, but definitly will have some similarity to them. Already we are toying again with 3D. Lots of work yet.

I figure we will evolve further by way of our intellectual capacity as long as enviromental conditions remain favorable, and perhaps will be around when another species becomes sapient. I'm guessing Chimps will be next to reach that milestone.
Hopefully, no Planet of the Apes issues... LOL

As far as religion, I would guess theism would adapt with remaining unknowns as old mysteries are subsequently solved, however the majority of religions, I'm guessing, will be far more focused on experiential matters and the effects as opposed to accepting at face value, the speculative ideology that we see today.