• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abortion is never justifiable, even in rape cases

Piggus

Abortion is wrong, even when a woman is raped because it is not the child's fault.

If God wills a child to be born then so be it, the manner of conception is up to Him.

Women having abortions and their doctors should be punished.

I believe that is fair, do you?

Thana

Lady
Well you certainly have very uhm, 'strong' beliefs...

Yeah, Those women need a good back hand, To teach them they can't do what they want with their own bodies!

Better yet, Let's go back to when they had no rights.
That'd fix the problem right up :)

Piggus

They can do what they want with their own bodies but when it comes to the murder of children, then they must be stopped.

I believe that is 100% fair, don't you?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Abortion is wrong, even when a woman is raped because it is not the child's fault.

If God wills a child to be born then so be it, the manner of conception is up to Him.

I'm confused. You talk about abortion, and you talk about a child. Are you suggesting that people abort children after they are born? That sounds pretty barbaric. Totally on board with punishing doctors and women who participate in such an act.

We could perhaps impose the death penalty on them. Eye for an eye, and all that...

:sarcastic

Piggus

Semantics does not change the issue.

The murder of children, fetuses, babies, whatever you want to call it , is murder and is against the order of the Lord.

Child murderers must be punished, or do you think they should be allowed to carry on living in this kind of vile sin?

Piggus

Neither fair nor unfair to rapists, because a woman having an abortion afterwards would not make any difference to the perpetrator.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Neither fair nor unfair to rapists, because a woman having an abortion afterwards would not make any difference to the perpetrator.

Really? I've heard of rapists who have gotten quite upset when the woman told them she would get an abortion. Seems they thought, like you, that they had a moral right to make her bear their children.

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member

:no:

I personally wouldn't put much stock in a god who would will a child to be conceived through rape. That sounds to me like a rather sick and twisted being.

By the way, did you know that it is illegal to take a perfectly good heart out of a dead person to give someone else a life saving transplant unless said dead person explicitly gave permission for such before death? As such, by arguing that a woman should not be able to get an abortion you are essentially saying she should have less control over her own body than a dead person. Is this really what you wish to advocate? That women should have less bodily autonomy than a corpse?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Semantics does not change the issue.

The murder of children, fetuses, babies, whatever you want to call it , is murder and is against the order of the Lord.

Child murderers must be punished, or do you think they should be allowed to carry on living in this kind of vile sin?

You don't think semantics are important, but use the most sensationalist and medically inaccurate term you could go with? Interesting...

Child murderers should be punished. And severely. But abortion of a pre-viability fetus is different, in my mind. Obviously not in yours. As for the Lord, he can let me know his opinion any time he sees fit.

Piggus

Really? I've heard of rapists who have gotten quite upset when the woman told them she would get an abortion. Seems they thought, like you, that they had a moral right to make her bear their children.

If they are married, then yes, they do have a right, and this is written in scripture.

However if we are talking about a random male, then it would not make any difference to him.

psychoslice

Veteran Member

Yeah, Those women need a good back hand, To teach them they can't do what they want with their own bodies!

I agree with you.

Piggus

:no:
By the way, did you know that it is illegal to take a perfectly good heart out of a dead person to give someone else a life saving transplant unless said dead person explicitly gave permission for such before death? As such, by arguing that a woman should not be able to get an abortion you are essentially saying she should have less control over her own body than a dead person. Is this really what you wish to advocate? That women should have less bodily autonomy than a corpse?

Yes, that is correct.

Slapstick

So you think its alright to rape women or any female? That is disgusting.

Why should a woman be forced to have a child she never intended to have.

Me Myself

Back to my username

Thats exactly what this women and the doctors are doing to their unborn. Deciding if they can live or not and taking away from them even the right to live.

(...)

I had this possition before, and would keep having it if making this kind of assasination ilegal could stop it, but it doesnt :(

Thana

Lady
If they are married, then yes, they do have a right, and this is written in scripture.

However if we are talking about a random male, then it would not make any difference to him.

There really are some people who shouldn't be allowed outside. :facepalm:

Slapstick

@Piggus

I take it you think it is perfectly normal for a gay person to rape a strait person too.

I bet you would be the first to volunteer for that too.

Me Myself

Back to my username

Does the corpse has the right to get up and tell a doctor to kill the person who wants its heart?

Just askin.