• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abortion is never justifiable, even in rape cases

Kalidas

Abortion is wrong, even when a woman is raped because it is not the child's fault.

If God wills a child to be born then so be it, the manner of conception is up to Him.

Women having abortions and their doctors should be punished.

I believe that is fair, do you?

Ever heard of Tay Sachs disease? I don't have the time to explain EVERYTHING (based on your previous posts I don't know if you will except medical science anyways). Basically it is 100% fatal,painful,and is all around one of the worst ways to die. the child LITERALLY develops to a point and then they de-develop until they die a slow painful death,as their body shuts down. We can tell if a child has invettro, I am definitely a proponent of abortion in cases such as this.

Starsurfer93

Soul-Searcher
Abortion is wrong, even when a woman is raped because it is not the child's fault.

If God wills a child to be born then so be it, the manner of conception is up to Him.

Here we go... This again.

First of all, you seem to be implying that it would be God's will that a woman be impregnated through the medium of rape. Frankly, that is a sick and disgusting concept. Any God that would will a woman to be raped isn't even worthy of my respect, let alone my admiration or obedience.

With that out of the way, I would like to point out that your view on this issue stems from the beliefs of a specific religion. People who do not adhere to your faith are under no obligation to follow the tenants of your religion, let alone believe that it is God's will to have a child. You also have to make a distinction as to when a child becomes a "child". There is a big difference between a blastocyst or cluster of cells that hasn't even developed a nervous system and a living, breathing human being.

What's more, you're ignoring key reasons as to why someone would undergo an abortion. (Not surprising, considering the fact that rape isn't an acceptable excuse in your eyes) Yes, there are some people who have abortions for no other reason than they simply don't want a child. But more often than not, women have abortions because they cannot properly raise a child due to their economic status or because having a child would put the lives of both the mother and the child at risk. You can't just disregard such things, especially on the sole basis that "God wants it that way." It is in no way, shape or form fair to people outside of your faith and women in general.

Long story short, your beliefs are your own and you are free to have them. But you cannot impose those beliefs upon others, especially those who neither share nor want anything to do with those beliefs.

Me Myself

Back to my username
if the corpse were capable of doing such then yes he has every right to tell the doctor. That doesn't mean the doctor has to follow through on the corpse's request.

It would be ilegal for the doctor to actually kill the person who was asking for the heart, yes?

How do you say then that even acknowledging personhood to the unborn women have less rights than corpses if not allowed to abort?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
It would be ilegal for the doctor to actually kill the person who was asking for the heart, yes?

How do you say then that even acknowledging personhood to the unborn women have less rights than corpses if not allowed to abort?
That would be compelling a woman to donate the use of her organs and undergo the torture of childbirth. (I'm firm on childbirth being life threatening torture.)

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Why are disgusting threads like this allowed to be posted?!?! The OP is indirectly supporting pro-rape! Disgusting!!

Flankerl

I would do neither.

So you wouldnt raise the child as your own and you wouldnt want your wife to have an abortion.

So you'd leave her?
Or would this now rather "random" child live with your family.
Perhaps a cute nickname would be in order. How about Rapie or Son of a Whore? Those could be linked "Rapie you son of a whore come here!".

Piggus

I believe that if your concept of "fair" was made into law in my country, it would easily merit civil war, unless:

1) You will pay all monetary and resource costs associated with unwanted pregnancies and childrearing.
2) You will provide easy access to birth control - in any form - to a man or woman who requests it free of charge.
3) You will sponsor strong incentives for sterility and small family sizes and penalize those who have more than two biological children.
4) You will require any man who rapes to be castrated, and any woman who rapes to have a hysterectomy.

Sounds fair, right? Extraordinary requests demand extraordinary accommodations.

1. nature will take care of the costs
2. yes, agreed
3. nature will take care here, so no
4. nonsense, because birth through rape is god's will, and a woman cannot be a rapist

Piggus

मैत्रावरुणिः;3589426 said:
Why are disgusting threads like this allowed to be posted?!?! The OP is indirectly supporting pro-rape! Disgusting!!

It's a religious forum and this is a religious issue, that is why.

And I am NOT pro-rape, but pro birth - big difference.

Stop making things up like the other 2 posters did.

Piggus

So you wouldnt raise the child as your own and you wouldnt want your wife to have an abortion.

So you'd leave her?
Or would this now rather "random" child live with your family.

No, the child would be abandoned, left to the wolves.

Natural justice would work here, and perhaps God would allow the child to live with someone else.

Wherenextcolumbus

Another pro-lifer who only cares about the "child" until it is born. I think it's really because they just don't like women and like to see them suffer.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Another pro-lifer who only cares about the "child" until it is born. I think it's really because they just don't like women and like to see them suffer.
Hey, that's unfair.
He did propose that unwanted babies be cared for.....albeit by wolves.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

It has more to do with shame and subjugation than it does with any genuine concern for children.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
1. nature will take care of the costs
2. yes, agreed
3. nature will take care here, so no
4. nonsense, because birth through rape is god's will, and a woman cannot be a rapist

1) I'm sorry, but assuming you aren't including humanity in that category of "nature," last time I checked, money didn't grow on trees. Are you aware that it is extremely expensive to raise a child properly in this day and age? Pay up, sir.
3) You're okay with the death rate solution to humanity's overpopulation problem? Just so you know, the death rate solution involves resource shortages that will produce global wars as humans squabble over them, massive disease outbreaks, a decline in standards of living relative to previous generations, food and water shortages that lead to mass deaths, and devastation of the non-human world to the point of a sixth mass extinction. Just want to make sure you're okay with that, because that's what will happen (and is already happening to an extent, just not as bad as it will get) if birth rates are not managed and we opt for the death rate solution.
4) If you think women can't be rapists, you're not properly informed and should read this article too. Besides, it's not about this "will of your god" nonsense, it's about punishing people who can't be responsible with their reproductive organs and abuse the privilege. If you can't use your genitals properly, you shouldn't have them. But here's an alternative for you. Either castrate the males and hysterectomy the females or put them in prison for life. Rape is not acceptable behavior, period.

Frankly, neither is forcing women to have a child, but clearly we're not going to agree there.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member

Should everything that you find to be wrong be punishable?

I understand the horror of the thought of a child killed. I also understand that there are many sides to every story and not all wrongs should be punishable.

Last edited:

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
They can do what they want with their own bodies but when it comes to the murder of children, then they must be stopped.

I believe that is 100% fair, don't you?

Yup, I completely agree, which is why I'm pro-choice.