• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AD&D Anyone?

Zephyr

Moved on
Anybody feel like running an AD&D game here on RF? I'm not sure it'd be the best idea for me to DM as I've never done it before, but if there's anybody here with any sort of experience, that would be awesome. I have at least one other person who said he'd be interested. Any takers?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Anybody feel like running an AD&D game here on RF? I'm not sure it'd be the best idea for me to DM as I've never done it before, but if there's anybody here with any sort of experience, that would be awesome. I have at least one other person who said he'd be interested. Any takers?
I am interested.
Though I am with you on someone other than me being the DM.

Zephyr

Moved on
I will just throw in that I could theoretically DM as I have the manual sitting on my desk as we speak, but a more experienced person would probably be a better choice.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
my style of GMing (or in this case DMing) is to make it up as i go along, AD&D has a very specific style, so i really can't M this game... but i would love to play in it though!

silvermoon383

What's the difference betweeen D&D and AD&D? I'd love to join in but all I've done it the occasional D&D session.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
What's the difference betweeen D&D and AD&D? I'd love to join in but all I've done it the occasional D&D session.

AD&D is Advanced Dungeons and Dragons and is a more complex version of D&D. It's usually 2nd Edition. Sorry though, I'm a new schooler. 3rd and 3.5 edition here.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
I've played original D&D once, and it wasn't a very complex thing at all... is there any online resources where I can look up things like the classes and the abilities they have?

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
I've played original D&D once, and it wasn't a very complex thing at all... is there any online resources where I can look up things like the classes and the abilities they have?

I if I can figure out how to make a zip file I can put it on this site, I have the 3 core book for 3.5 and a good number of the Supplement books to.

Zephyr

Moved on
I if I can figure out how to make a zip file I can put it on this site, I have the 3 core book for 3.5 and a good number of the Supplement books to.
Sweetness. In addition, if anybody would like a copy of the AD&D Player's manual, just PM me. Maybe we should make a poll or something to decide what version to play?

Caina

Apostate Heretic
AD&D is Advanced Dungeons and Dragons and is a more complex version of D&D. It's usually 2nd Edition. Sorry though, I'm a new schooler. 3rd and 3.5 edition here.
Traitor J/K 3rd is teh suckage, 2nd was just fine the way it was. Granted a little reverse math is to much for most people now days;)

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Traitor J/K 3rd is teh suckage, 2nd was just fine the way it was. Granted a little reverse math is to much for most people now days;)

Ya well I played 2nd ed. once it wasn't fun (maybe just there DM was bad). But 3rd was the first I know about, I started with it, so. Not really a traitor lol.
Okay I have them Zip, now how do I post them for people to download.
file:///C:/Documents and Settings/azakel/Desktop/D&D 1.zip

Caina

Apostate Heretic
Ya well I played 2nd ed. once it wasn't fun (maybe just there DM was bad). But 3rd was the first I know about, I started with it, so. Not really a traitor lol.
Okay I have them Zip, now how do I post them for people to download.
Its all in the DM. A good DM can make any system loads of fun. I am just personally biased against 3rd ;)

Draka

Wonder Woman
You know, being in the fields in which I have worked I read the title of the thread and wondered why Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance would be offered on the forum. :rolleyes: :cover: Dungeons and Dragons didn't even enter my mind. Probably because I've sold the AD&D insurance, but have never played Dungeons and Dragons. Wow, I'm a grown-up, I think of insurance before games. :(

Caina

Apostate Heretic
You know, being in the fields in which I have worked I read the title of the thread and wondered why Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance would be offered on the forum. :rolleyes: :cover: Dungeons and Dragons didn't even enter my mind. Probably because I've sold the AD&D insurance, but have never played Dungeons and Dragons. Wow, I'm a grown-up, I think of insurance before games. :(
No good, you need a fun injection soon I think;)