• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adam

Atruthseeker

So people don't belive Adam existed but have no problem with other bible characters. So that being so, in Luke 3:23-38, where does the list of names turn from fiction to fact?

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
So people don't belive Adam existed but have no problem with other bible characters. So that being so, in Luke 3:23-38, where does the list of names turn from fiction to fact?

I am not sure in the case of genology, but most of the time when you speak of "Jesus" many people seem to think the fiction starts there......;)

Baydwin

I think the biggest problem is that Matthew gives a different list. I've heard that this is because one list are the ancestors of Mary, the other of Joseph. But then the obvious problem comes up that, if Jesus was conceived without Joseph's sperm then his ancestors are irrelevant.
Since the lists are different, both become suspect.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
I know that, I'm talking to those who believe in Jesus.

And you assume I don't believe? Why do you think I said most people would say that when it comes to Jesus that most people would think it fiction? I was speaking of those who wouldn't believe any of the genology but would tell you that it was all fiction......Especially that of Jesus.......:facepalm:

Atruthseeker

And you assume I don't believe? Why do you think I said most people would say that when it comes to Jesus that most people would think it fiction? I was speaking of those who wouldn't believe any of the genology but would tell you that it was all fiction......Especially that of Jesus.......:facepalm:
You assumed that I assumed.

Just_me_Mike

I think the biggest problem is that Matthew gives a different list. I've heard that this is because one list are the ancestors of Mary, the other of Joseph. But then the obvious problem comes up that, if Jesus was conceived without Joseph's sperm then his ancestors are irrelevant.
Since the lists are different, both become suspect.
My take is that the lists are the same family line. But it was common to sometimes skip generations, so for example my name is Mike, it can be said I am of Tim (my father) or I am of Charles my Grandfather. I think that is how the lists are made.

Not sure what do you think?

Atruthseeker

How could I assume anything else, when you say "I'm talking to those who believe in Jesus" :rolleyes:
I dunno, it just cos you made the remark that a lot of people think that Jesus is fiction too. That didn't sound to me like you were saying you didn't believe. Hence my response. Anyhoo.....