• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Against abortion or assisted dying? No med school for you

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Great! People shouldn't have to suffer needlessly when they dont want to because someone else is took that choice from them and made it for them.
As long as there not doctors. Doctors should be made to give up all there personal beliefs before you even agree to teach them.

So I make myself clear whether a person has an abortion or wants euthanasia is a choice they are entitled to make and a doctor is entitled to make a decision not to do either. All they need to do is honor your wishes and find someone to help you. There will be Doctors fine with the procedures if there aren't any than I would suspect something very wrong with the procedures

The US will train and allow these doctors to practice without your stupid commitment. Feel free to rid you country of these people and send them to us.

PureX

Veteran Member
We have seen Christianity without limits-- it was called The Dark Ages.

The Founding Fathers deliberately, and With Design, limited Christianity's ability to persecute those not in it's particular Club. All religion is so limited, in fact.

This is Good. Unfortunately, it was not fully implemented in 1776... and is, even now, religious bigotry only JUST beginning to be curtailed.
Our problem is not the tyranny of religion, it's the tyranny of wealth, and the greed that drives men to abuse each other to accumulate it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Doctors should be made to give up all there personal beliefs before you even agree to teach them.
Why? They need not give them up, only put them aside as they perform their duties and responsibilities as doctors.
Feel free to rid you country of these people and send them to us.
Sure thing. Ill start by informing ICE those doctors are illegal immigrants.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Why? They need not give them up, only put them aside as they perform their duties and responsibilities as doctors.

Sure thing. Ill start by informing ICE those doctors are illegal immigrants.
Ice only cares about poor immigrants if your rich or can provide a valued service like doctor your fine.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Ice only cares about poor immigrants if your rich or can provide a valued service like doctor your fine.
I dont think you caught what I was saying. Those doctors, to be sent from my country to yours, they would go from America to America.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I dont think you caught what I was saying. Those doctors, to be sent from my country to yours, they would go from America to America.

If they are American they will never have to worry about such a silly law passing. Conservatives and moderates and even moderate democrats would never go for it. I doubt even hard line liberals would so much support.

74x12

If they are American they will never have to worry about such a silly law passing. Conservatives and moderates and even moderate democrats would never go for it. I doubt even hard line liberals would so much support.
Don't worry. The world controllers aren't done mind warping everyone into submission.

Bob the Unbeliever

No citation needed. .

Yet-- you continue to post things for which there is no scripture to back them up.

Hmmmmm.... take, for example the following:

Jesus set the perfect example and descended below all things so we would always be maximally motivated to do what's right. Sinning on purpose is different than sinning from temptation... a lot different..

You post a claim-- for which you have zero reason to believe (no scripture)-- yet you think just stating the claim is Good Enough?

You are pushing your views just as much as I am, and you are justifying your beliefs as poorly as you think I am as well.

Nope. I have NO beliefs--- not how YOU mean the words! I'm simply pointing out to you, what your actual bible states-- not what your teachers have twisted into a false meaning.

This is why you refuse to provide a citation....!

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
The US also trained and gave a job to Kim Davis.

Yeah my point exactly, The US is pretty much freedom of belief. The freedom of speech and the freedom of religion are so wide open that the reality is people have freedom of belief. Such a law that takes away the Doctors freedom would never pass.

Here's the answer to what it takes to be recognized as a religion in the United States. From Quora

There isn't really such a thing as being "officially recognized as a religion". The US code tries to avoid talking about religion altogether. There's no list of official religions.

The IRS recognizes churches as tax exempt, and they'll pretty much take your word for it. There are two guidelines:

1. That the particular religious beliefs of the organization are truly and sincerely held
  2. That the practices and rituals associated with the organization's religious belief or creed are not illegal or contrary to clearly defined public policy.
Other than that, you fill out the forms and you're in.

Bob the Unbeliever

Our problem is not the tyranny of religion, it's the tyranny of wealth, and the greed that drives men to abuse each other to accumulate it.

For once? I agree with you-- and I just checked: Hell has not frozen over-- yet. But, it's only 34 degrees in Michigan, so...

Sadly, Religion is the principle tool, by which the Wealthy keep the sheeple in line...

And it works, too! Just look at Joel Osteen...

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Abortion is medical treatment ?

So, this proposal essentially codifies thought control. Believe as we say, or you will be denied the opportunity to pursue your chosen profession.

I assume then that for Christian medical schools, the opposite would be acceptable. No admission if you believe abortion is acceptable, or you would choose to aid in killing someone.

Of course the entire idea is ludicrous.

This is simply another idea designed to strip people of certain religions from a profession.

Why ? Because as physicians they do not want to participate in killing others.

The Hippocratic oath says " first, cause no harm". Killing someone is harm, to me.

There are plenty of physicians who love getting paid for killing, they are always available to do the job.

As part of their training medical school students have classes in ethics. In these classes all sides of an ethical issue are discussed and explored.

When they graduate, these students have every right to hold whatever ethical view they choose.

The woman is the patient, not the fetus.

Cooky

Veteran Member
The woman is the patient, not the fetus.

When I'm the patient, I don't get to choose the drugs I get. I guess that means the patient doesn't get to dictate to the doctor whatever the patient wants.

...Never has been that way, unless you're royalty, or Elvis, or Michael Jackson.

HiddenDjinn

It's My Birthday!
And with that, I'm glad we haven't gone that far in the US. Doctors should be willing to act or refuse to act on their conscience. Otherwise, what is the point in trusting a doctor in the first place?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
When I'm the patient, I don't get to choose the drugs I get. I guess that means the patient doesn't get to dictate to the doctor whatever the patient wants.

...Never has been that way, unless you're royalty, or Elvis, or Michael Jackson.

Really? I can. If I object to morphine, the doctor has to find an alternative. If I don’t want codeine because I’m afraid of becoming addicted, the doctor has to find a suitable alternative. Even when filling prescriptions, I can choose alternatives at the counter, if that is my wish. Usually for price (generic brands vs the prescribed company’s.) I recall one person at the pharmacy go the extra mile and actually got the pharmacist to get another type of medication (obviously did the same job.) I think they were probably just curious to see if it worked, because they seemed genuinely surprised when the pharmacist complied.
Though if I go to the doctor, I’m usually too sick to really be much of a trouble maker. But you don’t necessarily have to comply entirely with the doctor. It’s usually expected they know more but you can still be pedantic about your treatment, if that is what you want.
Doctor might not appreciate it though lol

Shad

Veteran Member
What does this response have to do with anything being discussed?

As you are confusing democracy with society which followed the claim that society collectively decides X when it does not actually do so.

Yes, democracy is "tyranny of the majority" to the individual that wants to do whatever he wants, however he wants, whenever he wants, for whatever reason he wants, to whomever he wants.

This is a strawman. Try again.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Really? I can. If I object to morphine, the doctor has to find an alternative. If I don’t want codeine because I’m afraid of becoming addicted, the doctor has to find a suitable alternative. Even when filling prescriptions, I can choose alternatives at the counter, if that is my wish. Usually for price (generic brands vs the prescribed company’s.) I recall one person at the pharmacy go the extra mile and actually got the pharmacist to get another type of medication (obviously did the same job.) I think they were probably just curious to see if it worked, because they seemed genuinely surprised when the pharmacist complied.
Though if I go to the doctor, I’m usually too sick to really be much of a trouble maker. But you don’t necessarily have to comply entirely with the doctor. It’s usually expected they know more but you can still be pedantic about your treatment, if that is what you want.
Doctor might not appreciate it though lol

I want morphine..! Can I go to my doctor and tell him to prescribe it to me? It's my body, and I'm the patient after all..!