• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Airbnb

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We use Airbnb because it's cheaper than hotels, & we get a bigger & better place to stay.
The hotel lobby is gnashing its teeth, & trying to get governments to quash the burgeoning
industry. The system has ratings for both the renter & the rentor, so everyone konws pretty
much what the other party is about, ie, it's self regulated. It's all so anarchistic!

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I agree and love the site. My hubs just got a new job in San Luis Obispo, CA so we rented a place temporarily for two months in Morro Bay to kick off the move while he's in training. It was easy peasy. I can't wait!!!

In 2009 we rented an apartment in Rome via Airbnb. The apartment was just as pictured and our stay went smoothly.

Airbnb holds the money to be paid to owners for 24 hours (I think. May be longer) until you've had time to check in and make sure you're getting what you paid for. It's a great system.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
We use airbnb both as guests and as hosts ... it, and similar sites are the wave of the future and make traveling both less expensive and more fun.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Be careful when renting out....if the tenant/guest stays too long, you could trigger
landlord tenant laws, in which case it might take as much as a year to evict them
if they stop paying rent. Some people are limiting stays to.....say....less than 30
days, during which time, the guest can be given the boot without going to court.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Be careful when renting out....if the tenant/guest stays too long, you could trigger
landlord tenant laws, in which case it might take as much as a year to evict them
if they stop paying rent. Some people are limiting stays to.....say....less than 30
days, during which time, the guest can be given the boot without going to court.
Are you referring to that dude in Palm Springs? Man, that sucked for the poor owner. I felt so sorry for her. Haven't heard an update lately, have you?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Are you referring to that dude in Palm Springs? Man, that sucked for the poor owner. I felt so sorry for her. Haven't heard an update lately, have you?
Yeah. I've heard that Airbnb is handling it.
But staying rent free is the tip of the iceberg.
When they morph from guest to tenant, many other laws kick in.
Eg, there's a $10,000 fine for not doing the fed lead disclosure process.
So it's a business which requires some research, planning & expert advice.