• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alan Keyes' daughter reveals homosexuality at rally

Pah

Uber all member
Conservative's daughter reveals homosexuality at rally

BY RUDOLPH BUSH

Complete story
Chicago Tribune
ANNAPOLIS, Md. - (KRT) - The daughter of conservative firebrand Alan Keyes announced her homosexuality at a gay rights rally here Monday, publicly revealing for the first time what had been an open secret during her father's failed senatorial campaign.

Maya Marcel-Keyes, 19, spoke only obliquely of her sexual orientation in a brief speech before a crowd of several hundred people outside the Maryland State House.

Though she spoke mainly of the troubles of homeless gay youth, Marcel-Keyes addressed the difficulties she faced growing up as the daughter of one of the country's most outspoken opponents of homosexual lifestyles and gay marriage.
Wouldn't this make a case about nuture not being a "cause" of homosexuality?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
QUOTE Pah [Wouldn't this make a case about nuture not being a "cause" of homosexuality?]
Forgive my ignorance, I never knew that nurture had been suggested as a cause of homosexuality.
I would think it is the 'other way around' (From my limited Wordly knowledge).
My Father was what I call a 'Testoronic' man; (Men were Men, and women were glad of it!) - I think, if anything, that my well developed 'mental feminine side' arose as a child's rebelling instinct towards my father.
I can say the same for my older son; he is the 'testoronic' type (He spent much of his early days with me due to my wife's most unfortunate post-natal depression) - I believe that , in his case, he rebelled against my 'gentle' side.
I do think that children love to contradict their parents (consciously as well as sunconsciously), at an age when they begin to 'forge' their own personality.
I am not saying that Alan Keyes' daughter would not have been homosexual had her father not been against homosexuals, but I think the 'rebel' in her perhaps prompted the publicity of her 'coming out' in defiance of her father.
:confused: